MISSION PUBLIC SCHOOLS
CASUAL ABORIGINAL LIAISON WORKER
This is a casual on-call union position.
This is work of a support nature working under the general direction of the District Principal Aboriginal Education and under the daily supervision of the school based administration. The Aboriginal Culture and Liaison Worker provides assistance and support to aboriginal students. The Liaison worker will be expected to work as part of the Siwal Si’wes – Aboriginal Department.
- Completion of secondary school supplemented by a completed post secondary program such as First Nations Studies, Aboriginal Support Worker, Child and Youth Care;
- Ability to work with aboriginal children, demonstrated by a minimum of two year’s experience conducting activities in a formal setting;
- Considerable knowledge of Aboriginal cultures, heritages and value systems and the ability to share with students and staff (Sto:lo Nation would be an asset);
- Willingness to participate in related in-service training and to assist in presenting in-service to other staff;
- Ability to work flexible hours within assigned weekly hours;
- Knowledge of healthy and safe work practices in accordance with WorkSafe BC Regulations for Workers and the ability to work in a safe manner;
- This is an itinerant position and will require a valid class 5 BC driver’s licence and reliable vehicle;
- A clear criminal record review, to be updated every five (5) years.
Please forward your application with supporting documentation to:
Raman Dhaliwal: email@example.com
Mission Public Schools
33046 4th Avenue
Mission, B.C. V2V 1S5
Although the interest of all applicants is appreciated, please be advised that only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.