School District No. 38 Richmond
ENGLISH LANGUAGE LEARNING TEACHERS
The Richmond School District is an exciting, multicultural, educational organization that provides public education for 21,000 students K-12. We are a vibrant learning community that fosters students’ engagement, creativity, and well-being in inclusive learning environments through our focus on Big Ideas and Inquiry, Assessment and Communicating Student Learning and Social Emotional Learning.
The Richmond School District is seeking fully qualified English Language Learning teachers. Successful candidates will be hired to the TTOC list and receive a continuing contract, effective September 2019.
ELL Qualifications (secondary and elementary)
- Completion of a Bachelor of Education
- Membership in or eligible to become a member in the British Columbia Teacher Regulation Branch (TRB)
- Registration with the Teacher Qualification Service
Completed or working towards completion of:
TESL training through a recognized university, or
Queen’s University Post Graduate Certificate in Teaching English as a Second Language in BC, or
The following courses at UBC (LLED 478C, or 478A and 478B, AND LLED 489C, or 489A and 489B)
Equivalent coursework from a recognized university
Your application portfolio must include the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Academic Transcripts
- Contact information for three Professional References: Faculty and School Advisors, and/or teaching contract supervisors (Principals, Vice-Principals)
- Current Teaching Certificate Status from the Teacher Regulation Branch website including date scanned. (Go to website, then Certificate Services, Find a Teacher, then search your name and click on it) *Print out the page then scan and upload to Make a Future*
We appreciate the interest of all candidates but advise only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
To apply please visit www.makeafuture.ca/richmond
The Richmond School District Is The Best Place To Learn And Lead.