School District No. 53 (Okanagan Similkameen) invites applicants to the temporary position of district speech-language pathologist (SLP). The SLP provides the following services to our district elementary students: diagnose communication disorders (comprehension and expression) and implement treatment in speech language, voice, fluency, design and employ augmentative and alternative communication including assessment, program planning, and implementation of appropriate interventions.
This position begins immediately to March 15, 2021, is 0.4 FTE and is an excluded staff position that includes a competitive benefit package.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Masters Degree in Speech-Language Pathology;
- current membership in the College of Speech and Hearing Health Professionals of BC;
- experience in providing direct instruction for students - individually, in classroom settings, or in small groups as appropriate;
- experience and expertise writing progress reports;
- ability to consult and collaborate with educators regarding programming needs of students including providing programming for education assistants;
- ability to work closely with school-based teams, classroom teachers and parents;
- strong ability to use both formal and informal measures;
- ability to contribute communication objectives to individualized education plans;
- excellent interpersonal and organizational skills;
- ability to supervise and provide treatment plans for speech language assistant; and
- knowledge of technology assisted interventions, hardware, and software.
Application packages must include a cover letter, resume, copy of transcripts and diploma(s), proof of current professional association(s) membership, and three supervisory references (including daytime phone numbers).
For further information contact the District Principal of Student Support Services
at (250) 498-3481 ext 106 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in School District No. 53. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.