Central Okanagan Public Schools - School District No. 23 in Kelowna, B.C. invites applications for a Part-Time and/or Full-Time Temporary Pediatric Occupational Therapist position effective immediately through June 30, 2020 and potentially going forward.
Applicants must have training and experience as a Pediatric Occupational Therapist.
- have a Bachelors or Masters Degree in Occupational Therapy;
- be registered with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia;
- have extensive experience with students with special needs, particularly those with multiple physical challenges;
- have experience working with students in integrated settings;
- have experience working with multidisciplinary teams.
Applicants must also:
- provide consultative services to students from kindergarten to grade 12;
- provide assessments, provision of recommendations to school personnel and families, determination of equipment needs, training and monitoring of Certified Education Assistants, assessment of safety and accessibility issues and liaison with community medical professionals and institutions and educational agencies.
Experience with children with special needs, particularly those with autism and sensory processing challenges is necessary. Experience with children with multiple physical challenges would be an asset. Salary based on experience and training. Driver’s License required and use of personal vehicle.
Please complete an online application through MakeaFuture and include a cover letter, resume, and degrees, along with corresponding transcripts, evaluations, certificates and letters of reference.
Please contact Leanne Zorn at Leanne.Zorn@sd23.bc.ca to inform her of your updated application.
District Principal – Human Resources
School District No. 23 (Central Okanagan)
1040 Hollywood Road, S.
Kelowna, BC V1X 4N2
(250) 870- 8888