Work in BC’s most culturally diverse and urban school district, Vancouver School District No. 39. Set in one of the world’s most livable cities, Vancouver is a community-minded district seeking talented educators, progressive leaders, and skilled support staff to enrich the learning experience of Vancouver’s 50,000 students.
The Vancouver Board of Education welcomes applications for the position of:
On-Call Indigenous Education Enhancement Worker
(School & Student Support B)
This position is restricted to candidates of Aboriginal ancestry.
Applicants must indicate that they identify as First Nations, Metis, Inuit, or Non-Status
Salary: $31.34/hour + 18.6% in lieu of benefits
Hours: 7 hours/day, 5 days/week
In this role, you will:
- Implement, under the direction of the classroom teacher, instructional programs for the general student body in Indigenous Education history and culture.
- Assist Indigenous students to understand and derive maximum benefit from the school system.
- Assist and cooperate with school counselors working with Indigenous students and their families.
- Act as a role model for Indigenous students.
- Promote and develop involvement of Indigenous parents in the school system and assist schools to develop opportunities for involvement of parents and families.
- Provide counselling and activity planning and life skills development.
- Be required on occasion to work after the school day.
- Minimum two years post-secondary training emphasizing skills in Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, or Cultural Studies.
- 2 years experience in youth work.
- Knowledge of Aboriginal Culture and urban conditions.
- Must have a valid B.C. driver's license, own transportation, and be willing to travel to various schools throughout the district.
Your application must include:
- Cover letter
- Three reference names (must be supervisors), email addresses and telephone numbers
**This posting is ongoing until filled. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted**
MAKE A FUTURE APPLICATION PROCESS
- If you do not have a profile on Make a Future, please create a profile under the category, “ECE, EA/TA/ERW, Clerical, Secretarial, Administrative, Custodians, etc.”
- Once you have created your profile then, while you are logged in, please search this ad again and then click the "apply now" button at the end of this ad. You will then be able to apply and upload any supporting documents to the competition and answer the job posting questions.
- You will automatically receive an email from this website letting you know your application to the competition has been received.