Teacher-Librarian/ Learning Commons-Teacher VACANCIES
Elementary, Middle, and Secondary Schools
Central Okanagan Public Schools (School District No. 23) in Kelowna, BC invites applications from dedicated and dynamic professional educators for full and part time temporary contracts, and Teacher Teaching on Call (TTOC) positions in Elementary, Middle or Secondary Schools.
- have training and/or experience as a Teacher-Librarian or Learning Commons Teacher;
- possess a British Columbia Professional Teaching Certificate.
Applicants must also:
- have completed specific coursework in inquiry-based learning, collaborative planning and teaching, information literacy, curriculum design and implementation, multi-media resources, and learning technologies;
- be prepared to collaborate with staff to co-plan, co-teach, and support efforts to integrate technology with research activities related to classroom subject areas;
- be prepared to assume a literacy leadership role in collection development and management, promoting reading and supporting a school's literacy goals;
- be prepared to participate in the implementation of the school-level Collaborative Model of Support and work to develop the School District Attributes for the 21st Century in all students – Learner, Thinker, Innovator, Collaborator, and Contributor;
- be prepared to use technology (e.g.: computers, personal devices, Smartboards, digital portfolios, voice-mail, e-mail, websites, MyEdBC) for planning, attendance monitoring, communication, classroom instruction and reporting purposes; and be prepared to support the school and district goals.
Preference will be given to those applicants who:
- have completed a Certificate or Diploma in Education- Teacher-Librarianship;
- have two years of successful classroom teaching experience;
- have training/experience in the use of Quality Assessment practices (e.g.: differentiated instruction, criterion-referenced grading, Assessment For, As and Of Learning);
- have experience in differentiating and providing inclusive learning opportunities that reflect the unique needs and interests of all students;
- have Aboriginal ancestry (as per Special Program with the BC Human Rights Tribunal)
Please complete an online application and include a cover letter, resume, undergrad degree and Bachelor of Education degree along with corresponding transcripts, BC teaching certificate, TQS card, practicum reports, and letters of reference.
Please contact Leanne Zorn at Leanne.Zorn@sd23.bc.ca to inform her of your updated application.