Teacher Teaching On Call (TTOC) - Elementary French Immersion
The North Vancouver School District (NVSD) is not only “the natural place to learn”, it is also “the natural place to work”. Our mandate is to provide world-class instruction and a rich diversity of engaging programs to inspire success for every student and bring communities together to learn, share, and grow. With almost 2500 staff members, the district’s 25 elementary (7 French Immersion) and 7 secondary (3 French Immersion) schools provide a safe, culturally diverse, and nurturing environment for approximately 16,000 students.
Noted for its progressive approach to instruction, firm belief in Inclusive Education, advocacy for indigenizing learning, and emphasis on social-emotional learning, the NVSD is a great place to start or continue your career.
The North Vancouver School District is accepting applications from qualified Elementary French Immersion Teachers Teaching On Call.
Working with students who are not native French speakers, you will be responsible for teaching all subjects in French. Our students come from diverse economic and cultural backgrounds, and the members of your class may speak English or another language at home.
If interested in applying, please include the following documents and information with your application:
- Completed application package (please complete ALL sections of the portfolio: Experience, Education & References and answer all questions).
- Minimum of three(3) professional teaching references with names, titles, and email addresses. (References should be qualified and experience educator who have observes your skills and abilities in a school setting/environment)
- Cover Letter
- Final Practicum Reports, or a recent Principal's Evaluation (if you have been teaching for a few years)
- Copy of transcript(s) or grades summary
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
Must possess valid certification or eligibility for certification through the BC Teacher Regulation Branch (TRB)
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship
You possess native-like fluency in French and English (reading, writing, speaking, and listening)
Completion of an undergraduate degree in French Immersion and methodology coursework in French Immersion
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in French and methodology coursework in French second language acquisition
NOTE: We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.