HUMAN RESOURCES INFORMATION SYSTEMS MANAGER (HRIS)
Temporary – Immediately to June 30, 2018 (with the possibility of an extension)
The Chilliwack School District is seeking applications for the excluded position of Human Resources Information Systems Manager (HRIS). Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the successful individual will manage and oversee the organization’s Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS). This member is a part of the dynamic team providing Human Resources to the Chilliwack School District.
THE COMMUNITY AND SCHOOL DISTRICT
Chilliwack is situated in the beautiful Upper Fraser Valley, just 75 minutes from Vancouver, and is a thriving and growing community of 90,000. The school district is well known for its dedication to quality educational programs, its strong financial foundation and its effective collaboration with community, parents, students and employee groups. The district has a strong commitment to ensuring that every student graduates with opportunities beyond graduation. The District is a growing school district with approximately 13,000 students in 32 school sites, approximately 1900 employees, and an operating budget of $145 million.
The Human Resources Information Systems Manager (HRIS) will be responsible for:
• Planning, development, implementation and maintenance of the HRIS systems based on changing business requirements;
• Maintains HR records management, practices and processes;
• Maintains integrity of HR systems through audits and regular review;
• Develops custom reports to meet the requirements of Human Resources and the Chilliwack School District including negotiations;
• Provides necessary training to meet end user needs;
• Interacts with the Information Technology Department and the Financial Services Department to support payroll, recruitment, salary administration and statistical data for internal and external requirements.
The successful applicant will possess:
• undergraduate degree or diploma in an appropriate discipline (Business Administration, Human Resources or Information Management);
• knowledge of Human Resources practices and procedures;
• knowledge of Human Resources Information Systems and experience with PowerSchool is preferred;
• knowledge of change and project management;
• proficient with spreadsheets and word processing applications;
• knowledge of the school system and it’s Human Resources needs;
• proven conflict resolution skills;
• strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills;
• effective organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, work independently, and manage a fast-paced environment;
• the ability to work with large data bases and to analyze numerical data.
Interested candidates must submit their application complete with resume, documentation supporting credentials and three professional references with permission to contact each in confidence. Application packages must be received by 4:00 pm, Friday, January 19, 2018. Interested applicants must apply electronically through www.makeafuture.ca/chilliwack to: Tamara Ilersich, Director of Human Resources, School District No. 33 (Chilliwack), 8430 Cessna Drive, Chilliwack, B.C. V2P 7K4, Phone: 604-792-1321