Work in BC’s most culturally diverse and urban school district, Vancouver School District No. 39. Set in one of the world’s most livable cities, Vancouver is a community-minded district seeking talented educators, progressive leaders, and skilled support staff to enrich the learning experience of Vancouver’s 50,000 students.
The VSB Welcomes Applications for:
On-Call Cafeteria & Food Service Workers
(Elementary School Hot Lunch Programs and Secondary School Cafeterias)
Cafeteria Teacher’s Aide 1 Salary: $24.05 (+14% in lieu of benefits)
Food Service Worker Salary: $19.92 (+14% in lieu of benefits)
In Elementary schools, reporting to the school Principal/Vice-Principal you will prepare simple desserts and food accompaniments, serve meals, order, receive, store and inventory supplies, train and supervise students with meal service, clean and sanitize the kitchen and serving areas, as well as maintain records for the program.
In Secondary schools, under the direction of the Cafeteria Kitchen Work Leader, you will provide assistance in food preparation, assist in setting up luncheon entrees and desserts, serve students, perform cashier duties, clean and sanitize areas and equipment, and assist in stock taking and inventory.
Applicants must be available to work Monday to Friday between 7:00am and 3:00pm
- Completion of Grade 12
- Extensive knowledge of kitchen and food service operations
- Experience working in a medium to large size restaurant or cafeteria
- Valid Food Safe Certificate
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to maneuver heavy objects (min. 25 lbs.)
- Experience working as a cashier
- Ability to use email to place food orders with vendors
- Completion of an instructor's program in baking is an asset
Your application must include:
- Cover Letter
- Three reference names (supervisors only), email addresses and telephone numbers
- Letters of reference are an option
This posting is ongoing until filled. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Please note that in accordance with the Criminal Records Review Act, selected candidates must sign a consent form to permit a criminal record review with a $28.00 processing fee. Employment with the Vancouver Board of Education is subject to passing this criminal record review.
MAKE A FUTURE APPLICATION PROCESS
1. If you do not have a profile on Make a Future, please create a profile under the category, “ECE, EA/TA/ERW, Clerical, Secretarial, Administrative, Custodians, ect.”
2. Once you have created your profile then, while you are logged in, please search this ad again and then click the "apply now" button at the end of this ad. You will then be able to apply and upload any supporting documents to the competition and answer the job posting questions.
3. You will automatically receive an email from this website letting you know your application to the competition has been received.