GRADE 1 CLASS TEACHER
Full Time to begin August 2020
The Bridge Educational Society (BES) which operates both the Okanagan Waldorf School and the new Early Years Centre (birth to school-age Waldorf inspired care) is seeking a motivated professional to join our team of Teachers.
Okanagan Waldorf School (OWS) is seeking a Grade 1 Lead Teacher to shepherd our diverse population of Grade 1 children in an atmosphere that encourages active inquiry and fosters individual growth, promotes respect for self, others, and the world in which they live. This position will begin August 2020, with a class of 12-16 children.
Faculty and Staff at OWS are proud of the rapid growth experienced over the last few years, which exemplifies our uniquely contemporary expression of Waldorf Education.
Besides teaching, responsibilities include attendance at regular department and faculty meetings, committee work, lesson planning, participation in the planning and implementing of festivals, preparing written student reports, and meeting with parents. The successful candidate will have demonstrated strong classroom management skills, a deep grounding in the development of the young child, will have the ability to build professional relationships with parents, faculty, and staff, and will enthusiastically join the collaborative work of our school.
- 3-5 year’s minimum of previous class teaching in a Waldorf Grades program
- Have obtained or have the ability to obtain Certification under the BC Teachers Regulation Branch
- Current First Aid
- A love for and willingness to work daily in a rural forest and farm setting, walking in uneven terrain
- Be able and willing to lift up to 75lbs
- Completion of, or enrolment in, an AWSNA approved Waldorf Grades Teacher Training program
OWS offers competitive wages, a benefits package, and a nourishing work environment with a supportive and proactive communication policy. We are currently a WECAN developing school and AWSNA associate school.
To learn more about living in the amazing Okanagan area, visit http://www.northokanagan.net/r_recr.htm
Interested candidates should respond immediately with the following:
- ❏Cover letter
- ❏Current applicable certifications/licenses
- ❏Three references