Early Childhood Education Manager
School District No. 92 (Nisga’a)
School District No. 92 (Nisga’a) is seeking dedicated, motivated and positive individual to manage childcare services at our Childcare Centre.
The ECE Manager oversees the day to day operations of our Early Childhood Education programs. This includes ensuring compliance with licensing, supervision, and scheduling of staff, policy development and implementation, orientations of new families, budgeting and financial oversite and coordinating special occasion centre-wide events. Will ensure that
Duties and Responsibilities:
The ECE Manager is responsible for all decisions made at the daycare that fall within the delegated responsibilities:
- Provides orientation of new team members to the daycare program
- Mentoring and coaching new team members, which might include students
- Promoting and modeling effective communication and collaboration
- Building meaningful relationships with all children and maintaining an environment respectful of children’s strengths and needs
- Assess abilities and observe children for signs of potential development or behaviour challenges.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with parents/guardian and community services.
- Provides supervision, leadership and support to all centre staff
- Ensuring licensing requirements are met at all times
- Coordinates staff scheduling
- Markets the daycare to prospective client-parents
Qualifications and Skills: Early Childhood Educators Specific:
- A valid certificate or diploma to practice in British Columbia in Early Childhood Education, infant and toddlers, special needs, or willingness to obtain
- Preferred experience working with children in a childcare setting
- Strong working knowledge with the legal requirements of childcare programs
- Emergency Child Care First Aid & CPR
- Ability to plan, prepare and implement developmentally appropriate activities based on interests of the child that will meet their physical, cognitive, intellectual, social, cultural, creative and emotional needs that interweaves the Nisga’a Language and Culture into the daily activities/routine.
- Regularly communicate with parents and guardians regarding their children’s developmental needs and learning processes
- Facilitate group activities
- Strong interpersonal skills and works well in team-based environment
Work Conditions, Physical Capabilities and Personal Suitability:
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching, kneeling
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Reliability and dependability
- Motivation to continue their education in the childcare field Additional Requirements:
- Available Monday to Friday
- Able to work flexible hours as needed.
- Food Safe
- Understanding and knowledge of Nisga’a Language and Culture
Applications must be made in writing, accompanied by 3 work related references and transcript(s) that address level(s) of competency in the above qualifications. All applicants must comply with the Criminal Records Review Act.
Emailed applications will be accepted until. We thank all applicants, however only those chosen for the interview process will be contacted.
Attention: Human Resource Department
School District No. 92 (Nisga’a)
PO Box 240
Gitlaxt’aamiks BC, V0J 1A0