About School District 69 (Qualicum)
School District 69 (Qualicum) is centrally situated on east Vancouver Island and covers the area of Nanoose Bay to Bowser and spans from Errington across the Strait of Georgia to Lasqueti Island. We serve a student population of approximately 4000 students. School District 69 (Qualicum) consists of eight elementary schools (Grades K-7), two secondary schools (Grade 8-12), an alternate school (PASS/Woodwinds) and a Distributed Learning program to support home-learning families called the Collaborative Education Alternative Program (CEAP). False Bay School on Lasqueti Island is entirely off-grid with an immense solar project recently completed. School District 69 (Qualicum) also embraces many community organizations through various school programs. The area’s natural beauty, never-ending beaches, mild climate and small-town charm make it a popular tourist destination and a great opportunity to have a career in paradise.
Assignment: French Immersion Primary/Intermediate
The assignment may change to meet the needs of the school’s educational program, grade organization, and/or enrollment.
1.00 FTE TEMPORARY
Commencing as soon as possible until June 30, 2020 or upon notification that the temporary position will end earlier due to budgetary issues or declining enrollment.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
• Use tools such as the Kindergarten Continuum to assess children’s growth in oral language, reading and viewing, writing and representing, numeracy, and social responsibility throughout the year;
• Develop and teach within a play-based environment that is congruent with the Provincial Primary Program;
• Plan and deliver developmentally responsive learning experiences which reflect the unique needs of learners in an elementary school context;
• Create an engaging respectful and inclusive learning environment for students;
• Plan and implement effective student assessment in order to improve student learning and to ensure instructional practice which is responsive to student needs;
• Actively contribute to the success of the school growth plan and district achievement plan;
• Work collaboratively with staff members and communicate effectively with staff, students and parents;
• Work in consultation with Learning Services teachers in the development, implementation, and assessment of Individual Education Plans (IEPs) for students who require additional supports, adaptations, and/or modifications;
• Work on collaboration with the Learning Services teacher to develop and monitor learning plans;
• Integrate use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to support teaching and learning, manage information and carry out professional communication.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
• A valid BC Teaching Certificate and familiarity with the BC curriculum at the Kindergarten level;
• Teaching Degree at an elementary level;
• Experience teaching at the Kindergarten level;
• Fluency in oral and written French and English;
• Experience teaching French Immersion and/or formal training in French Immersion methodology.
Make a Future / School District 69 (Qualicum)
Please note to submit your application to the actual job posting you must click onto the job posting, then click the “APPLY” button.
School District 69 (Qualicum)
Director of Human Resources - School District 69 (Qualicum)
100 Jensen Ave. East, Box 430, Parksville, BC V9P 2G5
Fax: (250) 954-1259 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.