HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
Temporary – Immediately – June 30, 2018 (with the possibility of an extension)
The Chilliwack School District is seeking applications for the excluded position of Human Resources Manager. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the successful applicant will provide leadership in supporting a wide range of Human Resource services. The Human Resources Manager is a member of the dynamic team providing human resources support and guidance within the Chilliwack School District.
THE COMMUNITY AND SCHOOL DISTRICT
Chilliwack is situated in the beautiful Upper Fraser Valley, just 75 minutes from Vancouver, and is a thriving and growing community of 90,000. The school district is well known for its dedication to quality educational programs, its strong financial foundation and its effective collaboration with community, parents, students and employee groups. The district has a strong commitment to ensuring that every student graduates with opportunities beyond graduation. The District is a growing school district with approximately 13,000 students in 32 school sites, approximately 1900 employees, and an operating budget of $145 million.
This is a temporary full-time excluded position. The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for:
• wellness and disability support for all staff;
• administration and interpretation of teacher and support staff collective agreements;
• assisting with collective agreement negotiations;
• providing support and guidance to supervisors;
• coordinating and delivering orientation and staff development related to human resource functions to new employees and to administrators and managers;
• performing other related human resource duties.
Preference will be given to applicants who possess:
• undergraduate degree or diploma in an appropriate discipline (Human Resources, Business Administration);
• knowledge of collective agreement interpretation and administration;
• knowledge of employee, labor relations and disability management practices, particularly as they pertain to public education;
• proven conflict resolution skills;
• strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills;
• effective organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, work independently, and manage a fast-paced environment;
• the ability to work with large data bases and to analyze numerical data;
Interested candidates must submit their application complete with resume, documentation supporting credentials and three professional references with permission to contact each in confidence. Application packages must be received by 4:00 pm, Friday, January 19, 2018. Interested applicants must apply electronically through www.makeafuture.ca/chilliwack to:
Director of Human Resources
School District No. 33 (Chilliwack)
8430 Cessna Drive, Chilliwack, B.C. V2P 7K4 Phone: 604-792-1321