The Catholic Independent Schools of the Diocese of Nelson (CISND), hosts six elementary schools, and one high school. The diocese is located in the beautiful Okanagan and Kootenay regions of British Columbia. We are committed to hiring qualified employees who are dedicated to education in the Roman Catholic tradition.
St. Michael School in Trail, BC invites applications at this time for:
Kids Care Centre ECE Manager
In accordance with the vision and values of the St. Michael’s Catholic School the Out of School Team Leader implements school age programs, for after school, within the KIDS Care Centre. The Out of School Team Leader is part of the St. Michael’s team and is responsible for adhering to KIDS Care centre policies. The Team Leader will provide a safe, nurturing and creative environment for children to learn, play and thrive. Supervises and engages children and creates bonds with families and staff.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- To read, understand and follow all the licensing regulations and KIDS Care Centre policies.
- To plan, organize, and implement group-based recreational, social and educational activities.
- To encourage and facilitate children’s participation in activities.
- To provide guidance and instruction.
- To provide supervision of children during activities and monitor and manages individual and group behaviour.
- To provide skill-building to participants such as social skills; models appropriate behaviour.
- To ensure that all safety and supervision standards are implemented and maintained according to requirements.
- To maintain related records and statistics and produces reports as required.
- To maintain a neat, orderly, and clean environment, including all activity areas.
- To establish and maintain positive communication with parents, teachers, and school staff.
- To maintain confidentiality of all information regarding the children, their families, and staff.
- To perform other related duties as required.
Able to effectively use a computer and electronic devices
Must meet the Licensing Standards of a “Responsible Adult”
Must be 19+ years of age
Must have completed 20 hours of pertinent education or training
3 positive references
Clear Criminal Record Check
Current First Aid Certificate
DEMONSTRATED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Able to provide a warm, caring learning environment
Flexible to changing needs of the program and children
Able to work successfully in a team environment
Problem solving and multi-tasking skills
Ability to work under minimal supervision