French Immersion TTOC - Elementary, Middle, Secondary
(Guaranteed work with benefits)
Welcome to the Abbotsford School District
The Abbotsford School District is currently hiring continuing French Immersion TTOCs. If you have recently graduated from your PDP program or are an experienced teacher with a French Immersion background in the elementary, middle and secondary levels, we invite you to apply.
Successful applicants will immediately earn continuing contract status in Abbotsford and will be eligible for benefits. The position comes with a guarantee of daily work and the eligibility to apply on both continuing and temporary French Immersion contracts that come available in the Abbotsford School District.
Education & Experience:
- Elementary and/or middle and/or secondary teacher training with a major/minor in French
- Experience teaching French Immersion at the elementary, middle or secondary level
- Major practicum work in French Immersion at the elementary, middle or secondary level
- Satisfactory teacher evaluation and/or final practicum report(s).
- Eligible for B.C. Certification.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to demonstrate native-like fluency in written and spoken French, plus a good working knowledge of English.
- Must be able to demonstrate thorough knowledge of the Elementary, Middle or Secondary program.
Teacher Proficiencies: All teachers are expected to demonstrate proficiency in the following areas:
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills: Ability to consider and respond appropriately to the needs, feelings and capabilities of others in a tactful, compassionate and respectful manner.
- Organization & Planning: Ability to plan and organize for effective instruction, differentiation and assessment
- Classroom Management: Create and maintain an optimal learning environment for each student while managing student behavior and classroom dynamics.
- Facilitation & Engagement: Ability to capture and maintain students’ interest, effort, participation and enthusiasm for both the content and the process of learning
- Assessment & Coaching: Utilize balanced assessment and feedback to improve student learning including the use of formative and summative assessment strategies.
- Collaboration & Teamwork: Collaborate with others to achieve group goals and objectives
- Caring & Inclusiveness: Create and maintain an environment that is caring, inclusive and supportive of all students
- Flexibility & Adaptability: Demonstrate flexibility in our ability to adjust and adapt to changing circumstances
We wish to thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.