Teach in BC’s most culturally diverse and urban school district, Vancouver School District No. 39. Set in one of the world’s most livable cities, Vancouver is a community-minded district seeking talented educators, progressive leaders, and skilled support staff to enrich the learning experience of Vancouver’s 50,000 students.
If you are passionate about teaching young learners, the Vancouver Board of Education (VSB) welcomes applications for the position of:
** On-Call Elementary Teachers **
We are hiring On-Call Elementary teachers who have a strong work ethic, knowledgeable about the research on teaching elementary students, and able to plan and implement creative and engaging lessons based on the B.C. redesigned curriculum. Although we do need teachers to work day to day at different schools, we are primarily looking for teachers who are interested in accepting long-term assignments.
The District Mentoring
Support Teacher (DMST) Team directly supports teachers who are in
their first five years of teaching, offers opportunities to connect and
collaborate with other Early Career Teachers (ECTs) and provides resources,
updates and newsletters through our online
- Completion of a Bachelor of Education
- Recent contract teaching experience and/or student teaching experience is required
- Membership in or eligible to become a member of the Teacher Regulation Board (TRB)
- Registration with the Teacher Qualification Service (TQS)
Your application portfolio must include the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Academic Transcripts
- Recent Graduates require final Practicum Reports
- Experienced Teachers require a recent Teaching Evaluation (not lesson observations) within the past 8 years
- 3 Professional References-email and phone numbers
- Recent Graduates to include your Faculty Advisor, School Advisor(s) and one or more of the following: Principal, Vice principal or most recent previous employer
- Experienced Teachers to include current Principal, Vice Principal and previous Administrator(s)
** We do not accept friends or teaching colleagues as references**
- TRB (Teacher Regulation Branch) Status:
- If your application is in process please provide a screen shot of the application, including the drop down menu of outstanding documents
Due to the confidentiality of the interview process and the high volume of applications, we do not provide feedback, notify unsuccessful applicants or respond to inquiries regarding the status of an application.
We will contact applicants directly if we are interested in moving forward or if an application requires additional information.
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Register on Make a Future: http://www.makeafuture.ca/ and create a profile under the Category "Teachers, Principals & Superintendents"
2. Click on Job Postings the click Search
3. Select the Job you would like to apply for
4. Answer the job posting questions then click Apply
5. Upload supporting documents to the Competition
6. Once you submit your application you will receive a confirmation email from Make a Future
*The VSB has been given approval from the Human Rights Tribunal for a Special Program under s. 42(3) of the Human Rights Code. Under this special program, the VSB seeks to preferentially hire Aboriginal persons to a variety of teaching positions. Therefore, each applicant may wish to provide, on a voluntary basis, information whether they self-identify as an Aboriginal person.