The Vancouver Board of Education (VSB) welcomes applications for the position of:
** On-Call Elementary Teachers **
Teach in BC’s most culturally diverse and urban school district, Vancouver School District No. 39. Set in one of the world’s most livable cities, Vancouver is a community-minded district seeking talented educators, progressive leaders, and skilled support staff to enrich the learning experience of Vancouver’s 50,000 students. We are hiring teachers who have a strong work ethic, are knowledgeable about current research in education, and can plan and implement creative and engaging lessons based on the B.C. redesigned curriculum.
The Board's general requirement is that TTOC's be available for call-out on 50% of the instructional days in a month. We need educators to work day-to-day; however, we are primarily looking for teachers who are interested in accepting long-term assignments.
The VSB also has a District Mentoring Support Teacher Team (DMST) who provide support to teachers who are in their first five years of their career. DMST offers opportunities to connect and collaborate with other Early Career Teachers (ECTs) and provide resources, updates and newsletters through their online platform.
- Completion of a Bachelor of Education
- Recent contract teaching experience and/or student teaching experience is required
- Membership in or eligible to become a member of the Teacher Regulation Board (TRB)
- Registration with the Teacher Qualification Service (TQS)
Your application portfolio must include the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Academic Transcripts
- Recent Graduates require final Practicum Reports
- Experienced Teachers require a recent Teaching Evaluation (not lesson observations) within the past 8 years
- 3 Professional References-email and phone numbers
- Recent Graduates to include your Faculty Advisor, School Advisor(s) and one or more of the following: Principal, Vice principal or most recent previous employer
- Experienced Teachers to include current Principal, Vice Principal and previous Administrator(s)
** We do not accept friends or teaching colleagues as references**
- TRB (Teacher Regulation Branch) Status:
- If your application is in process please provide a screen shot of the application, including the drop down menu of outstanding documents
Due to the confidentiality of the interview process and the high volume of applications, we do not provide feedback, notify unsuccessful applicants or respond to inquiries regarding the status of an application.
We will contact applicants directly if we are interested in moving forward or if an application requires additional information.
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Register on Make a Future: http://www.makeafuture.ca/ and create a profile under the Category "Teachers, Principals & Superintendents"
2. Click on Job Postings the click Search
3. Select a job that you are qualified for
4. Answer the job posting questions then Apply
5. Upload supporting documents
6. Once you submit your application you will receive a confirmation email from Make a Future
*The VSB has been given approval from the Human Rights Tribunal for a Special Program under s. 42(3) of the Human Rights Code. Under this special program, the VSB seeks to preferentially hire Aboriginal persons to a variety of teaching positions. Therefore, each applicant may wish to provide, on a voluntary basis, information whether they self-identify as an Aboriginal person.