Work in BC’s most culturally diverse and urban school district, Vancouver School District No. 39. Set in one of the world’s most livable cities, Vancouver is a community-minded district seeking talented educators, progressive leaders, and skilled support staff to enrich the learning experience of Vancouver’s 50,000 students.
The Vancouver Board of Education welcomes applications for the position of:
Technology Deployment & Operations Architect
(Information Technology Support C)
Department: Learning Information Technology (LIT)
Location: VSB Education Centre (1580 West Broadway)
Position Type: Permanent
Hours of work: 7 hours/day
Salary: $61,552 (+ extensive benefits package)
In this role, you will:
- Perform information technology support to the District
- Research, design, architect, implement, monitor, troubleshoot, maintain and support systems, management, directory services, authentication processes and deployment and operations systems for computer and mobile technologies and infrastructure
- Research and analyze emerging trends in technology and systems architecture, evaluate alternatives and make recommendations
- Establish standards and procedures and write specifications, scripts and documentations for technical architecture and systems
- Plan and coordinate LIT projects and serve as a technical resource on inter-divisional project teams
- Develop and communicate key messages for diverse audiences
- Provide advanced technical support to LIT team members and clients
- Install technology hardware and software including updates
- Research, evaluate and recommend vendor supplied applications and system features
- Lead meetings, make presentations and liaise with clients, contractors, vendors, external groups and other stakeholders
- Supervise, train and provide direction to LIT team members
- Perform other duties in the job band as assigned
- Minimum 4 year degree in a relevant technology discipline or equivalent training and certification
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience required in a relevant computer/technology discipline
- Experience working in an educational organization is preferred
- Experience in designing, implementing, problem solving and supporting computer, mobile, directory, server, systems management and deployment technologies and repairing computer technologies.Strong communication (verbal and written) required.
- Hands-on experience with the following would be considered a strong asset: Microsoft Intune, Cisco Meraki, JAMF, SCCM, Windows 10, Mac OSX, Windows Server 2016.
- Candidate must demonstrate three core competencies (Collaboration, Communicating for Results and Problem Solving) and four role specific competencies (Accountability, Analytical Thinking, Initiative and Information System Knowledge) at specific proficiency levels.
- Must be able to meet the following assessment: hands-on 1 hour series of tasks/problems (70%+).
- Must possess or be willing to obtain Supervisory Skills training.
Your application must include:
- Cover letter
- Contact information for three supervisor references (phone numbers and email addresses)
**Posting is ongoing until filled. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted regarding an interview**
Please note that in accordance with the Criminal Records Review Act, selected candidates must sign a consent form to permit a criminal record review with a $28.00 processing fee. Employment with the Vancouver Board of Education is subject to passing this criminal record review.
MAKE A FUTURE APPLICATION PROCESS
- If you do not have a profile on Make a Future, please create a profile under the category, “ECE, EA/TA/ERW, Clerical, Secretarial, Administrative, Custodians, etc.”
- Once you have created your profile then, while you are logged in, please search this ad again and then click the "apply now" button at the end of this ad. You will then be able to apply and upload any supporting documents to the competition and answer the job posting questions.
- You will automatically receive an email from this website letting you know your application to the competition has been received.