Teach in BC’s most culturally diverse and urban school district, Vancouver School District No. 39. Set in one of the world’s most livable cities, Vancouver is a community-minded district seeking talented educators, progressive leaders, and skilled support staff to enrich the learning experience of Vancouver’s 50,000 students. We are looking for teachers that are passionate about maximizing the learning for every student and able to work collaboratively with a range of professionals.
The Vancouver Board of Education (VSB) welcomes applications for the position of:
** Secondary Technical Studies Teachers **
Full-time Continuing with Benefits
These positions are 1.0 continuing contracts (full-time guaranteed work with benefits). Teachers are typically placed in long term temporary placements covering medical or maternity leaves. Occasionally, they are placed in a continuing contract or could be required to work day to day in different schools. The position is different than our On-Call Technical Studies posting as teachers are required to work every day. Once hired, teachers can apply to any internal continuing postings during the year.
- Completion of a Bachelor of Education
- Completion of a diploma at a recognized institute (e.g. BCIT, VCC, OCC) in technical studies including Drafting, Woodwork, Metalwork, Electronics and Auto Mechanics is required
- Completion of a teaching practicum in technical education
- Membership in or eligible to become a member in the Teacher Regulation Branch (TRB)
- Registration with the Teacher Qualification Service
Your application portfolio must include the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Academic Transcripts
- Recent Graduates require final Practicum Reports
- Experienced Teachers require a recent Teaching Evaluation (not lesson observations) within the past 8 years
- 3 Professional References-email and phone numbers. We do not accept colleagues, friends, family or parents of students as reference.
- Recent Graduates include: Faculty Advisor, School Advisor(s) and Principal/Vice principal and/or your most recent previous employer
- Experienced Teachers include: current Principal, Vice Principal and previous Administrator(s)
- TRB (Teacher Regulation Branch) Status:
- If your application is in process please provide a screen shot of the application, including the drop down menu of outstanding documents
Due to the confidentiality of the interview process and the high volume of applications, we do not provide feedback, notify unsuccessful applicants or respond to inquiries regarding the status of an application.
We will contact applicants directly if we are interested in moving forward or if an application requires additional information.
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Register on Make a Future: http://www.makeafuture.ca/ and create a profile under the Category "Teachers, Principals & Superintendents"
2. Click on Job Postings the click Search
3. Select the Job you would like to apply for
4. Answer the job posting questions then click Apply
5. Upload supporting documents to the Competition
6. Once you submit your application you will receive a confirmation email from Make a Future
** The VSB has been given approval from the Human Rights Tribunal for a Special Program under s. 42(3) of the Human Rights Code. Under this special program, the VSB seeks to preferentially hire Aboriginal persons to a variety of teaching positions. Therefore, each applicant may wish to provide, on a voluntary basis, information whether they identify as an Aboriginal person.