Work in BC’s most culturally diverse and urban school district, Vancouver School District No. 39. Set in one of the world’s most livable cities, Vancouver is a community-minded district seeking talented educators, progressive leaders, and skilled support staff to enrich the learning experience of Vancouver’s 50,000 students.
The VSB Welcomes Applications for:
On-Call Supervision Aides
Salary: $21.64/hour (+14% in lieu of benefits)
Reporting to the school Principal/Vice-Principal you will be responsible for the supervision of all students during recess and lunch, both indoors and outdoors on the playground in all kinds of weather. You will ensure student safety and that students comply with school rules. You will be required to intervene in potentially unsafe play situations and facilitate resolutions to student conflicts. As well, you may be required to supervise students in both the classroom and the library ensuring appropriate behaviour and completion of teacher assigned work.
You will work 2.5 hours per day while school is in session, from 10:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Applicants must be available to cover shifts at schools on the West Side of Vancouver.
UPDATE: There are currently some permanent Supervision Aide positions (on-going positions at one school location) vacant and available on the West Side of Vancouver. If you would like to be considered, please indicate on your cover letter that you would like to apply for a permanent position.
- Completion of Grade 12
- Experience working with children in large groups
- Good communication skills
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work both indoors and outdoors in all weather
- Ability to speak languages common to ESL students is an asset
Your application must include:
- Cover Letter
- Three reference names (supervisors only), email addresses and telephone numbers
- Letters of reference are an option
This posting is ongoing until filled. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Please note that in accordance with the Criminal Records Review Act, selected candidates must sign a consent form to permit a criminal record review with a $28.00 processing fee. Employment with the Vancouver Board of Education is subject to passing this criminal record review.
Please be informed, due to a high volume of applications, we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants or respond to inquiries regarding the status of an application. We will contact applicants directly if we are interested in moving forward or if an applications required additional information.
MAKE A FUTURE APPLICATION PROCESS
1. If you do not have a profile on Make a Future, please create a profile under the category, “ECE, EA/TA/ERW, Clerical, Secretarial, Administrative, Custodians, ect.”
2. Once you have created your profile then, while you are logged in, please search this ad again and then click the "apply now" button at the end of this ad. You will then be able to apply and upload any supporting documents to the competition and answer the job posting questions.
3. You will automatically receive an email from this website letting you know your application to the competition has been received.