Work in BC’s most culturally diverse and urban school district, Vancouver School District No. 39. Set in one of the world’s most livable cities, Vancouver is a community-minded district seeking talented educators, progressive leaders, and skilled support staff to enrich the learning experience of Vancouver’s 50,000 students.
The VSB Welcomes Applications for:
On-Call Supervision Aides
Salary: $22.02/hour (+14% in lieu of benefits)
2.5 hours per day from 10:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
*Applicants must be available to cover shifts at schools on the West Side of Vancouver*
Reporting to the school Principal/Vice-Principal you will be responsible for the supervision of all students during recess and lunch, both indoors and outdoors on the playground in all kinds of weather. You will ensure student safety and that students comply with school rules. You will be required to intervene in potentially unsafe play situations and facilitate resolutions to student conflicts. As well, you may be required to supervise students in both the classroom and the library ensuring appropriate behaviour and completion of teacher assigned work.
**UPDATE** There are currently permanent supervision aide positions available at the following elementary schools: Roberts, Kitchener, Trafalgar, & Maple Grove. Please note in your cover letter if you would like to be considered for one of these positions, or if you would only want to be considered for an on-call position.
- Completion of Grade 12
- Experience working with children in large groups
- Good communication skills
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work both indoors and outdoors in all weather
- Ability to speak languages common to ESL students is an asset
Your application must include:
- Cover letter
- 3 References that have been your supervisors. Include their full name, email address and phone number.
How to apply:
1. Create a profile on Make a Future https://sd39-makeafuture.simplication.com/WLSBLogin.aspx under the category, “ECE, EA/TA/ERW, Clerical, Secretarial, Administrative, Custodians, etc.”
2. Log in and search for this ad again. Click "Apply Now". Apply and upload all supporting documents and answer the job posting questions.
3. An email will be sent to you confirming that your application has been received.
Due to a high volume of applications, we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants or respond to inquiries regarding the status of an application. We will contact applicants directly if we are interested in moving forward or if an application requires additional information.