Work in BC’s most culturally diverse and urban school district, Vancouver School District No. 39. Set in one of the world’s most livable cities, Vancouver is a community-minded district seeking talented educators, progressive leaders, and skilled support staff to enrich the learning experience of Vancouver’s 50,000 students.
The VSB Welcomes Applications for:
On-Call Supervision Aides
Salary: $22.02/hour (+14% in lieu of benefits)
2.5 hours per day from 10:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
*Applicants must be available to cover some shifts at schools on the West Side of Vancouver*
You will be responsible for supervising students during recess and lunch, indoors and outdoors, in all kinds of weather. You will ensure student safety and that students comply with school rules. You will be required to intervene in potentially unsafe play situations and facilitate in conflict resolutions between students. You may also be required to supervise students between recess and lunch, ensuring appropriate behaviour and completion of teacher assigned work.
***There are currently PERMANENT SUPERVISION AIDE POSITIONS AVAILABLE. If you are interested in a permanent position, please state this in your cover letter.**
- Experience working with children in large groups
- Good communication skills
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work both indoors and outdoors in all weather
- Ability to speak languages common to ESL students is an asset
Your application must include:
- Cover letter
- 3 References that have been your supervisors. Include their full name, email address and phone number.
How to apply:
1. Create a profile on Make a Future https://sd39-makeafuture.simplication.com/WLSBLogin.aspx under the category, “ECE, EA/TA/ERW, Clerical, Secretarial, Administrative, Custodians, etc.”
2. Log in and search for this ad again. Click "Apply Now". Apply and upload all supporting documents and answer the job posting questions.
3. An email will be sent to you confirming that your application has been received.
Due to a high volume of applications, we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants or respond to inquiries regarding the status of an application. We will contact applicants directly if we are interested in moving forward or if an application requires additional information.