The Catholic Independent Schools of the Diocese of Nelson (CISND), hosts six elementary schools, and one high school. The diocese is located in the beautiful Okanagan and Kootenay regions of British Columbia. We are committed to hiring qualified employees who are dedicated to education in the Roman Catholic tradition.
Our Lady of Lourdes Elementary School located in West Kelowna, BC
invites applications at this time for:
Daycare/After School Care Program Manager
effective the 2019-20 School Year
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following qualifications:
- Commitment to Catholic Education
- Identification with and participation in the life of a Catholic parish
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others
- The ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with students, staff, and parents
- Training and knowledge in area being advertised
In order to be considered for any position with CISND and to ensure timely processing of your application, all required documents must be submitted with your application. Incomplete applications will not be processed. DO NOT SUBMIT REFERENCE LETTERS.
The following must be included in your application:
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae to include list of special certificates, licenses, honours and awards. Memberships in professional or technical associations relevant special interests and activities in which you are prepared to assume a leadership role.
- CISND Pastoral Reference form
- Catholic applicants must provide:
- Certificate of Catholic baptism, or RCIA Certificate.
- If married, a copy of a Certificate of a Catholic marriage certificate
As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to submit the following:
- Photocopy of Canadian Birth Certificate or Canadian Passport (documentation to indicate you are legally entitled to work in Canada).
- Social Insurance Number
- Photocopy of Driver's License
Angels Academy is currently seeking a Program Manager for their new location at Our Lady of Lourdes Elementary School in West Kelowna. Serious applicants need only apply.
The Program Manager is responsible for the overall operation and programs of Angels Academy. The manager also ensures the facility operates within pertinent government regulations.
Requirements: ECE Certification; Related experience and/or education with children, Standard First Aid Certificate with CPR, current Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening, FoodSafe Level 1.
The Program Manager, under the direction of the Our Lady of Lourdes School Principal, is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of multiple programs within the center (Daycare, Preschool and Out of School Care).
- Must be a certified ECE in good standing
- Must have 1-2 years Supervisory experience within a childcare centre
- Must be familiar with all necessary legislation
Roles and Responsibilities:
Represent Angels Academy in a professional and supportive manner
Prepare documents and requests made by the Principal,
Ensure that all programs operate within the provincial licensing regulations and works with licensing officer
- Ensure appropriate scheduling of staff in all programs
- Ensure the collection of all fees due
- Be able to create form letters, registration forms, advertising brochures, holiday schedules and notices, etc.
- Ensure accurate documentation regarding the attendance of both staff and children, activities, and supplies
- Ensure that care plans are set in place for each child requiring extra support