TEMPORARY DISTRICT STUDENT COUNSELOR
School District No. 92 (Nisga’a)
School District No. 92 (Nisga’a) invites teacher applications for the position of District Student Counselor. This is a temporary full-time position starting March 30, 2020 and ending March 31, 2021 or the return of the incumbent.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated:
• Experience with high risk behaviors
• Understanding of culturally appropriate models of counselling and therapy
• Experience in planning and implementing workshops for youth and families
• Experience in counselling in a school setting
• Understanding of Aboriginal healing and wellness models and initiatives
• Experience with small group process and practices
• Experience with grief and abuse counselling
• A desire for understanding the restorative justice application in an educational environment
• A willingness to work directly with Nisga’a Nation entities within confidential guidelines
• Experience working with Nisga’a Family Services - Nisga’a Lisims Government
• Experience working with BC Ministry of Children and Family Development
- Knowledge of the changing BC curriculum and Core Competencies.
• Provide personal counselling to children and youth during regular school hours
• Participate as a member of school-based teams
• Bridge school district and community counselling and addiction resources
• Will work directly with School District 92 Special Education Team in support of student needs
Pay and benefits are in accordance with the current Nisga’a Teachers Union Collective Agreement. We thank all applicants and advise that only those that are short-listed will be contacted.
The Successful candidate must hold an active BC Teaching Certificate or access a ‘LETTER OF PERMISSION’ from the BC Teacher Regulation Branch. As per Teacher Regulation Branch if the successful applicant is non-certified he/she will have 20 days upon start date to achieve the requirements.
Should you have any questions regarding this posting, please contact our Human Resources Department. Please forward resumé, cover letter and three references.
Job Posting #20-007
Human Resource Department School District No. 92 (Nisga’a)
New Aiyansh, BC V0J 1A0