The Vancouver Board of Education welcomes applications for:
Student Support B (SSB) - Supporting Students with Behaviour Challenges
Set in one of the world’s most livable cities, Vancouver is a community-minded district seeking talented educators, progressive leaders, and skilled support staff to enrich the learning experience of Vancouver’s 50,000 students.
Apply to work for BC’s most culturally diverse and urban school district, Vancouver School District No. 39.
In this role, you will:
- Provide support for schools who are working with students who are sufficiently disruptive or sufficiently at risk to self or others to require special intervention
- Work in collaboration with and under the direction of the Behaviour Strategies Consultant and the “In-School Team”
- Design and implement individual Behaviour Support Plans for students exhibiting challenging behaviours
- Maintain and evaluate records/data of observed student behaviour
- Provide a written Behaviour Support Plan for each assignment
- Collaborate with team members regarding Behaviour Support Plans
- Provide support to students with respect to their behaviour/learning difficulties
- Manage verbal and or physical “acting out” behaviour
- Prepare instructional/behaviour aid materials
- Liaise with parents/caregivers
- Perform other duties in the job band as assigned
- Completion of Bachelor’s degree in: Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Child and Youth Care, or Education
- 3 years experience in the following areas:
- Directly working with children or youth who demonstrate a higher need for support in the areas of social-emotional learning, behaviour, learning disabilities, mental health, or complex trauma.
- Assessing and supporting the social, emotional, behavioural, mental health and/or learning needs of students.
- Implementing various behavior support and/or self-regulation programs and modifying intervention strategies for students with diverse needs.
- Working with students exhibiting challenging behaviours, FAS, conduct disorders and implementing various learning and behavior management strategies.
- Planning and effectively carrying out activities to promote student development.
Your application must include:
- Cover letter
- Contact information for three supervisor references (phone numbers and email addresses)
**Hourly Rate: $30.80 + 18.6% in lieu of all benefits and statutory holidays**
**This is a five-month temporay position with potential extensions. Once hired as a VSB employee, you would have access to internal job postings which include permanent positions.**
HOW TO APPLY:
- Click here Make a Future to create a profile
- Use Job Category "ECE, EA/TA/ERW, Clerical etc."
- Log in to the Make a Future website: http://www.makeafuture.ca/regions-districts/bc-public-school-districts/metro/vancouver/
- Search for this ad and click on "apply now" button at the end of the ad.
- Apply for the position, upload supporting documents and answer the job posting questions.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an email from this website letting you know that your application has been received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted regarding an interview.
Please note that in accordance with the Criminal Records Review Act, selected candidates must sign a consent form to permit a criminal record review with a $28.00 processing fee. Employment with the Vancouver Board of Education is subject to passing this criminal record review.