Teach in BC’s most culturally diverse and urban school district, Vancouver School District No. 39. Set in one of the world’s most livable cities, Vancouver is a community-minded district seeking talented educators, progressive leaders, and skilled support staff to enrich the learning experience of Vancouver’s 50,000 students.
The Vancouver Board of Education (VSB) welcomes applications for the position of:
** District Resource Teacher (DRT) - UDL **
1.0 FTE Temporary until June 30, 2020
The DRT (UDL) works with students who have difficulties in their academic learning due to hearing related issues and who have a Ministry designation (category F) or require consultative support from a District Deaf and Hard of Hearing (DHH) teacher. They assess students' needs using a variety of assessment strategies and instruments to provide appropriate remediation as required. They collaborate with DHH teachers to support students who are struggling with academic tasks due to their hearing loss. The Resource Teacher will provide individual and small group instruction within the classroom setting and/or outside the classroom.
- Bachelor of Education
- Master's or Diploma in Special Education (or concentration of five courses in Special Education) and/or successful teaching experience in a Special Education position is required
- Experience in providing direct instruction to students in elementary using a variety of teaching and management strategies
- Experience in conducting a variety of assessments including classroom observation, curriculum based, informal and formal
- Experience in developing, implementing, and evaluating Individualized Education Plans (IEPs)
- Experience in liaising with parents, school and district staff
- Membership in or eligible to become a member in the Teacher Regulation Branch
- Registration with the Teacher Qualification Service
Your application portfolio must include the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Academic Transcripts
- Recent Graduates require final Practicum Reports
- Experienced Teachers require a recent Teaching Evaluation (not lesson observations) within the past 8 years
- 3 Professional References-email and phone numbers
- Recent Graduates to include your Faculty Advisor, School Advisor(s) and one or more of the following: Principal, Vice principal or most recent previous employer
- Experienced Teachers to include current Principal, Vice Principal and previous Administrator(s)
** We do not accept friends or teaching colleagues as references**
- TRB (Teacher Regulation Branch) Status:
- if your application is in process, please provide a screen shot of the application, including the drop down menu of outstanding documents
Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants or respond to inquiries regarding the status of an application.
We will contact applicants directly if we are interested in moving forward or if an application requires additional information.
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Register on Make a Future: http://www.makeafuture.ca/ and create a profile under the Category "Teachers, Principals & Superintendents"
2. Click on Job Postings the click Search
3. Select the Job you would like to apply for
4. Answer the job posting questions then click Apply
5. Upload supporting documents to the Competition
6. Once you submit your application you will receive a confirmation email from Make a Future
*The VSB has been given approval from the Human Rights Tribunal for a Special Program under s. 42(3) of the Human Rights Code. Under this special program, the VSB seeks to preferentially hire Aboriginal persons to a variety of teaching positions. Therefore, each applicant may wish to provide, on a voluntary basis, information whether she or he self-identifies as an Aboriginal person.