Stz'uminus Community School is seeking qualified teachers interested in on call work for grades 4 to 12.
Stz'uminus is a progressive First Nations Community with a membership of approximately 1300 people situated on beautiful Vancouver Island between Nanaimo and Ladysmith.
The successful applicant will:
- Hold a recognized Bachelor of Education Degree;
- Hold valid BC certification and be in good standing with the Teacher Regulation Branch;
- Demonstrate successful intermediate/high school level teaching experience;
- Have knowledge and understanding of school wide literacy and numeracy programs an asset;
- Possess strong interpersonal, communication and collaborative skills;
- Possess strong organizational skills;
- Have proven ability to meet the needs of diverse learners through application of differentiated instruction;
- Be knowledge of the new BC curriculum and be prepared to implement for the 2016-17 school year;
- Have proven ability to adapt learning outcomes and instruction to meet needs of all students;
- Be able to plan for instruction in multi-grade classrooms;
- Effectively integrate technology in the classroom to maximize learning;
- Possess strong classroom management skills and ensure code of conduct around behavior is consistent with the school's discipline policy;
- Have an understanding of First Nations culture and be willing to learn and integrate Hul'qu mi'num teachings into the curriculum;
- Have a strong commitment to building positive relationships with parents and community;
- Have the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with staff in a team setting;
- Have a willingness to actively participate in all school wide academic and extra-curricular initiatives;
Application packages should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application packages should include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, 3 work related references, copy of BC teaching certificate and recent teacher evaluation.