We are currently accepting applications for Secondary Math and Science Teachers Teaching On Call (TTOCs)
The employee carries out educational tasks such as establishing learning objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve these objectives, identifying educational needs, developing and/or developing educational programs or activities, and teaching or instructing students.
- Prepare courses for presentation to students according to approved curriculum
- Teach students using a systematic plan of lessons, discussions, audiovisual presentations and field trips
- Lead students in activities to promote their physical, mental and social development and their school readiness
- Assess students and evaluate results
- Discuss results with students, parents and school officials
- Identify children's individual learning needs
- Participate in the preparation and implementation of remedial programs for students requiring extra help
- May be expected to supervise educational assistants and student teachers
- May specialize in subject or instructional areas
- Professional Certification Certified through the BC Teacher Regulation Branch
- A Bachelor's Degree in Education is required
- The District assesses the applicant’s competency and qualification in subject/instructional areas
- Four three-credit courses, second year or greater in the subject area is required
- Successful classroom teacher experience and/or student teaching experience in a school setting
- Demonstrated proficiency to work with colleagues and students in knowledge producing and knowledge sharing
- Demonstrated ability to maintain skills through professional learning
How to apply:
Applications should include a cover letter, a detailed personal résumé, proof of certification with the B.C. Teacher Regulation Branch, all transcripts, contact information for three references and any other relevant supporting documentation.
To submit your application to the job posting please click the “APPLY” button.
Please note: Nanaimo Ladysmith Public Schools thanks all applicants for their interest in working with us, however, only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
you have questions or require assistance with this application process,
please contact the Customer Care department at MakeAFuture at 1 866 806
6851 or firstname.lastname@example.org