A temporary FT (1.0) Career Education/Core French/Physical Education/Tag Teacher is required by School District No. 60 (Peace River North) effective September 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020. The assignment will be at Bert Bowes Middle School.
Bert Bowes Middle School is a Gr. 7-9 school in the City of Fort St John. The school enrolls a population of 500 students. We enjoy itinerant access to a range of services such as a learning resource disability teacher, teacher for visually impaired, school psychologist, ESL specialist teacher and teacher for deaf/hard of hearing. Some themes that characterize our school are a commitment to student centered learning, and a focus on collaborative planning. We have an active Parent Advisory Committee and a supportive parent community. See bowes.prn.bc.ca for more information.
Qualifications and Experience
- Valid BC Ministry of Education Teaching Certificate (or eligible for)
- Experience with adapting and modifying curriculum to meet the needs of students
- Oral and written French language proficiency
- Cognizant of the learning outcomes and evaluation process outlined in provincial IRP core curriculum documents
- Flexibility to adjust to other course assignments as dictated by course demands (minimum requirements of a minor in a teachable subject at the middle school level as recognized by the BC Ministry of Education)
- Classroom management techniques that maintain both an effective learning environment and for student dignity
- Ability to work with students having social/emotional/learning difficulties
- Ability to work with middle school students including Teacher Advisory
- Strong classroom management skills
- Integration of computer technology into the learning environment
- Committed to working with staff on the school plan with professional development
- Excellent interpersonal. organizational and collaborative problem-solving skills as demonstrated by the ability to relate well with students, parents, and staff members
Interested applicants are required to supply
- Three (3) references
- Verification of qualifications (BC Teacher Certificate)
- $1400 relocation allowance for teachers from BC, AB and Yukon and up to $2000 for teachers from other areas
- $2520.09 recruitment allowance (paid over 10 months of the school year, based on the FTE)
- Salary as per collective agreement. Current salary grid is $48,657 - 91,278
- Benefits as per collective agreement with option to enrol in medical, dental, extended health, and group life insurance. Benefits are employer paid based on FTE
For more information please contact:
Wade Hart, Principal, Bert Bowes Middle School 250.785.6717 or email@example.com
All applications with relevant documentation must be made through
Make A Future for consideration for the position
About School District 60
School District 60 is noted for innovative educational practices and excellent cooperative relationships between all educational partners. Our district is made up of dedicated, energetic professionals for whom the achievement and well-being of their students is a first priority. Together we challenge, encourage and support all learners to be responsible for developing their abilities with respect for self, others and the environment.
School District 60 is progressive and growing. There are 22 schools with School District No.60 (Peace River North). The district’s schools provide education services to approximately 6000 ethnically and demographically diverse students.
School District 60 is located on the eastern side of the Rocky Mountains in the northern tip of the Canadian Prairies in beautiful Fort St. John, BC. Fort St John is 478 km northeast of Prince George and 1,237 km north of Vancouver, situated near the border with neighbouring Alberta, 214 km west of Grande Prairie, Alberta. The region’s economy is prosperous and expanding. Fort St John is a city for all seasons and year-round playground for those who like pristine wilderness, an active lifestyle, cosmopolitan city life and the enthusiasm of an energetic community.
Why School District 60
- Professional development opportunities
- Supportive culture of teacher collaboration
- Curriculum and teacher supports
- French Immersion, music, & outdoor education programs
- Advanced technology facilities and resources
- Progressive and growing district
- Innovative educational practices
School District No. 60 (Fort St John)
10112 105 Avenue, Fort St John, BC V1J 4S4