RELIEF STRONGSTART COORDINATOR
Applications are invited for the position of a relief StrongStart Coordinator.
Under the supervision of the District Staff and school-based Principals, the StrongStart Coordinator will facilitate an early childhood parent/caregiver participation program that encourages early learning and provides parental support.
Please forward your detailed resume with a minimum of three references online or to:
Attention: Secretary Treasurer
School District No. 58 (Nicola-Similkameen)
P.O. Box 4100, 1550 Chapman Street
Merritt, BC V1K 1B8
Only those applicants being interviewed will be contacted.
1. Implement daily activities and programs based on British Columbia’s Early Learning Framework suitable for children ages 0 to 5 years;
2. Prepare and modify a variety of classroom materials as required to enhance learning opportunities and environment;
3. Prepare healthy snacks; including the purchase of materials, preparation and clean-up;
4. Work as a role model and mentor for parents and caregivers of children in the program;
5. Work proactively as a part of the larger school community;
Without limiting management’s right to establish or vary the qualifications, fitness and ability required for the position under Article 11, the required qualifications, skills, fitness and ability that must be demonstrated for the position of StrongStart Coordinator include:
• A certificate, preferably a Diploma, in Early Childhood Education;
• A Community Care Facilities Branch B.C. Licence to practice;
• A valid Child Safe First Aid Certificate;
• A clear Criminal Record Review, completed prior to hiring;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills;
• Good organizational and planning skills;
• An understanding of, and a commitment to, quality early learning;
• Ability to work effectively with a variety of parents, children, volunteers, professionals, and community members;
• Knowledge of child development, family dynamics, community resources and early learning;
• A class 5 driver’s licence;
• Such other qualifications, skills and abilities as may be required to meet Ministry requirements or terms of the StrongStart contract.