DISTRICT LEARNER SUPPORT CENTRE
1.0 FTE CONTINUING ASSIGNMENT
EFFECTIVE: September 1, 2019
School psychologists should have experience in the K-12 education system with knowledge of current instructional and assessment practices: Consultation and assessment services are a critical component of this position. Demonstrated experience with functional assessments to support student learning within the context of Response to Intervention and Universal Design for Learning frameworks will be required. The ability to collaborate with school based teams and/or district personnel to gather classroom-based data, and design and/or assist in the implementation of instructional strategies/interventions will be essential.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a Master’s Degree in School Psychology or Educational Psychology or equivalent
- Be eligible for certification as a School Psychologist with the British Columbia Association of School Psychologists (BCASP)
- Have at least one year of successful psycho-educational assessment experience in an educational setting or an equivalent supervised practicum
- Have experience in a school setting
- Be eligible for certification with the BC College of Teachers
- Have strong interpersonal and consultation skills
- Be a strong advocate for students with special needs and students with different learning needs
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Have the ability to write clear and effective reports with appropriate school based recommendations
- Have proven experience in the development of positive, collaborative and consultative relationships with students, parents, colleagues and community agencies regarding student strengths and needs, assessment implications, and interventions
- Have demonstrated ability in providing documentation, follow-up and in-services based on best practices
- Have demonstrated ability to prioritize
- Have a valid BC driver’s license
Applicants should be aware that attendance at staff meetings, professional development activities and school based team meetings is considered an integral element of assignments.
All inquiries should be directed to: Cathy van der Mark
District Principal, Learner Support
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, INTERESTED TEACHERS ARE ASKED EMAIL email@example.com .