Applications are being accepted for the positions of:
Casual On-Call Aboriginal Support Workers
Applicants must have:
- Grade 12
- a college-recognized program of studies in youth or academic study of up to one academic year
- experience working with children and youth in a formal education setting greater than 12 months.
- an understanding of behaviour management techniques
- an understanding of aboriginal culture
- be proficient in written and spoken English
- Food Safe Certificate
This is a unionized CUPE position with a pay rate as of July 1, 2017 of $26.89 per hour. Job description #80 is available at sd79.bc.ca.
Please forward completed resumes including official transcripts, Grade 12 or equivalent certificate and a covering letter indicating how you
believe you meet our qualifications, and three work references with permission to contact.
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis until filled and can be dropped off in the School Board Office mail slot, emailed or faxed to:
VANESSA A. LYSNE, Human Resources Officer
School District No. 79 (Cowichan Valley)
2557 Beverly Street, Duncan, BC V9L 2X3
firstname.lastname@example.org - Fax: 250-748-6591
Thank you for your interest in these casual positions. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted