About School District 69 (Qualicum)
School District 69 (Qualicum) is centrally situated on east Vancouver Island and covers the area of Nanoose Bay to Bowser and spans from Errington across the Strait of Georgia to Lasqueti Island. We serve a student population of approximately 4000 students. School District 69 (Qualicum) consists of eight elementary schools (Grades K-7), two secondary schools (Grade 8-12), an alternate school (PASS/Woodwinds) and a Distributed Learning program to support home-learning families called the Collaborative Education Alternative Program (CEAP). False Bay School on Lasqueti Island is entirely off-grid with an immense solar project recently completed. School District 69 (Qualicum) also embraces many community organizations and members in our schools through various programs. The area’s natural beauty, never-ending beaches, impeccable climate and small-town charm make it a popular tourist destination and a great opportunity to have a career in paradise.
Spare Bus Driver
School District 69 (Qualicum) invites applications from qualified candidates for Spare Bus Drivers for the Oceanside area.
The required qualifications include the following:
- Grade 10 or equivalent.
- Valid Class 2 BC driver’s licence with an Air Endorsement.
- Successful completion of the BC School Bus Driver's Improvement Course (provided by SD#69 through job shadowing).
- Valid Fueling of Propane Motor Fuel Tank certificate.
- Be familiar with and have a working knowledge of routes and stops, Motor Vehicle Act regulations, School Board Policies, National Safety Code, and defensive driving techniques.
- Good interpersonal and oral and written skills.
- Valid Basic or Emergency First Aid certificate (one day course).
Applications must include proof of qualifications, references and a completed “Application for Employment – Support Staff” form which can be found on our Website. Please direct applications to:
Director of Human Resources
School District 69 (Qualicum)
100 Jensen Ave. East, Box 430,
Parksville, BC V9P 2G5
Fax: (250) 954-1259
Thank you in advance for your application.
Successful applicants must successfully complete an Authorization for Criminal Records Search pursuant to the Criminal records Review Act.
For further information please contact Denise Kinney, Human Resources Assistant at 250 954 3069 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.