In anticipation of potential vacancies, the North Vancouver School District is accepting applications from qualified Elementary Learning Services Teachers with demonstrated successful experience in Special Education.
Working with students who require additional support, you will be responsible for using Ministry Special Education criteria to design, implement, monitor, and adjust adapted and/or modified programs in collaboration with all stakeholders.
In addition to having a BC Teachers' Certificate, you must have:
- a Masters Degree or Diploma in Special Education
- training and experience in Level B Assessment
- ability to conduct Functional Assessment of Behaviour
- ability to use Applied Behavioural Analysis approaches with students with complex autism, and
- experience in creating extensive Individualized Education Plans
If interested in applying, we will require the following documents:
- Completed application form (complete/answer all questions and sections)
- A minimum of three(3) professional references with names, titles, and email addresses. References need to have witnessed your teaching skills and abilities.
- Cover letter
- Practicum Reports, or a recent Principal's Evaluation
- Copy of your transcripts or grades summary
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Earnings range from $45,229 - 87,352 per annum for full time work (pro-rated for part time), depending on the TQS category and experience level of the teacher.
Teachers are entitled to a comprehensive benefits package including:
- medical, dental, and extended health plans;
- group life insurance benefits;
- teachers’ pension;
- extended health benefits for dependents of deceased employees;
- accidental disability insurance;
- salary indemnity plan benefit;
- supplemental employment benefits on maternity leave;
- employee and family assistance programs.
**Applicants will not be considered unless all requested documents are uploaded**
For more information about the North Vancouver School District, please visit :http://www.makeafuture.ca/regions-districts/bc-public-school-districts/metro/north-Vancouver or www.sd44.ca.
The North Vancouver School District hires on a continual basis according to the needs of the District, and will contact applicants directly if forwarded for an interview.
Please be informed, due to a high volume of applications, we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants or respond to inquiries regarding the status of an application. We will contact applicants directly if we are interested in moving forward or if an application requires additional information