Duties may include, but not limited to: process and circulate resources, take inventory, perform clerical/receptionist and word processing duties and monitor students; accurately and efficiently utilize word processing, spreadsheet, database and communications software.
Requirements for Clerical applicants:
- Successful completion of Grade 12;
- Successful completion of a minimum of a six (6) month specialized secretarial training program, such as Office\Business Administration;
- One (1) year minimum recent successful experience in a secretarial, clerical, or receptionist position (Bookkeeping/Accounting experience an asset);
- Minimum net keyboarding speed 50 wpm;
- Proven intermediate to advanced computer skills to accurately and efficiently utilize word processing, spreadsheet, database and communications software;
- Ability to organize and prioritize a wide range of duties effectively and efficiently, and to work accurately under pressure at a high level of quality with constant disruptions;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, employees, and the public;
- Demonstrated ability to work at the level of independence and with the degree of initiative appropriate to the position.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to take a Typing Test, if proof is not provided, and a Clerical Test.
The base hourly wage for a clerical position is $20.64. Relief Casual Clerical will get 4% of bi-weekly earnings in lieu of vacation and 4.6% of straight time earnings in each pay period in lieu of statutory holidays.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply with cover letter and resume outlining relevant background and work experience, 3 references and a copy of educational certification.
This is an ongoing posting, allowing you to apply for future consideration. It is not indicative of an immediate vacancy.
The Central Okanagan Public Schools thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.