Competition # 20-05
Alternate Education and Regular Program – 1.0 FTE
The Learning Centre
Dease Lake School
Are you a qualified Teacher? Would you like to live in a small community? Teach in a school with small class sizes? Would you like a change of scenery? Does northern living interest you? Do you like the outdoors? What if you could go fishing, hiking, snowshoeing, canoeing, kayaking, snowmobiling, hunting, quadding, boating, skiing, mountain biking and more right from your doorstep? If any of this, appeals to you then Dease Lake is the place for you. The amazing region of the Stikine is a wilderness explorer’s paradise and an area with some of the most stunning natural beauty you will see anywhere. Dease Lake offers a great family lifestyle with affordable living. There are many opportunities for spousal employment as well. Dease Lake is home to the Tahltan First Nation so you will be immersed in First Nations culture and traditions.
School District No 87 offers the highest salaries in the province, a relocation allowance upon arrival followed with an additional amount at the end of 2 years, an isolation allowance, annual personal travel allowances for employee and dependents living with them, a substantial professional development package and an excellent benefit package(100% medical, extended health, dental and group health insurance). We also supply modern teacher accommodation at a reasonable rent. Please view our website at http://www.sd87.bc.ca/
We welcome teachers who have:
- exceptional interpersonal skills,
- demonstrated commitment to collaboration, teamwork and professional development,
- demonstrated commitment to developing professional and caring relationships with students,
- excellent teaching, planning and assessment skills,
- willingness to engage in the communities and northern lifestyle,
- successful experience in working with youth who have experienced trauma,
- successful experience with working in an alternate school environment,
- successful experience with blended learning,
- an understanding and appreciation of the importance of First Nations Language and Culture.
This position will start September 1, 2020.
For further information, please contact Mr. Mike Gordon, Superintendent of Schools at 250-771-4440. This position will remain open until filled. Applications with supporting documentation including references, proof of B.C. certification and T.Q.S. are to be submitted to:
School District No.87 (Stikine)
P.O. Box 190, Dease Lake, BC V0C 1L0
Phone: (250) 771-4440
Fax: (250) 771-4441