A temporary part-time (.214) kindergarten teacher is required by School District # 60 (Peace River North). The assignment will be at CM Finch Elementary School effective September 1, 2018 to June 30, 2019.
CM Finch is a K-6 school located in the Northwest quadrant of Fort St John. We have 15 teachers and 20 support staff. Our student population is at 230. The school is a vibrant and caring place. There is a strong sense of community among the families and staff. The level of community involvement, mentoring between staff and students, as well as strong leadership in all aspects of our school contributes to our positive school climate. Our school has a diverse population and a resource room program for students with complex special needs. An active PAC supports a wide range of curricular and extra-curricular opportunities for students. See firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Qualifications and Attributes
- Experience teaching primary students and working collaboratively in a team teaching situation
- Working knowledge of the learning standards, curricular competencies, core competencies within the revised BC curriculum
- Working knowledge of Performance Based Assessment, Balanced Literacy, Phonemic Awareness Development, Animated Alphabet
- Working knowledge of current practice in teaching numeracy
- Ability to use performance standards in reading, writing, numeracy and core competencies
- Committed to individualized instruction and group instruction utilizing a variety of effective strategies and techniques
- Ability to work as part of a team to develop and implement individualized learning plans for students with academic supports, social, emotional, and learning difficulties
- Ability to assist in the implementation of individualized education plans for low incidence students
- Knowledge and understanding regarding the needs of autistic children, commitment to use of visual supports
- Experience working with educational assistants
- Experience teaching in a multi-age setting
- Demonstrated strong classroom management skills
- Committed to working with staff on the school plan and with professional development
- Ability to relate well with students, parents, and staff members
- Background and experience working with students who are on the autistic spectrum
- Committed to following the goals and strategies outlined in the School and District Framework for Enhancing Learning
Interested applicants are required to supply
$700 relocation allowance for teachers from BC, AB and Yukon and up to $1000 for teachers from other areas.
$2,477 recruitment allowance (paid over 10 months of the school year, based on the FTE)
Salary as per collective agreement. Current salary grid is $47,821 to 89,708
Benefits as per collective agreement with option to enrol in medical, dental, extended health, and group life insurance. Benefits are employer paid based on FTE.
For more information please contact:
Helen Gilbert, Principal, CM Finch 250.785.8580 or email@example.com
All applications with relevant documentation must be made through
Make A Future for consideration for the position
About School District 60
School District 60 is noted for innovative educational practices and excellent cooperative relationships between all educational partners. Our district is made up of dedicated, energetic professionals for whom the achievement and well-being of their students is a first priority. Together we challenge, encourage and support all learners to be responsible for developing their abilities with respect for self, others and the environment.
School District 60 is progressive and growing. There are 22 schools with School District No. 60 (Peace River North). The district’s schools provide education services to approximately 6000 ethnically and demographically diverse students.
School District 60 is located on the eastern side of the Rocky Mountains in the northern tip of the Canadian Prairies in beautiful Fort St. John, BC. Fort St John is 478 km northeast of Prince George and 1,237 km north of Vancouver, situated near the border with neighbouring Alberta, 214 km west of Grande Prairie, Alberta. The region’s economy is prosperous and expanding. Fort St John is a city for all seasons and year-round playground for those who like pristine wilderness, an active lifestyle, cosmopolitan city life and the enthusiasm of an energetic community.
Why School District 60
Classroom positions available
Professional development opportunities
Supportive culture of teacher collaboration
Curriculum and teacher supports
French Immersion, music & outdoor education programs
Advanced technology facilities and resources
Progressive and growing district
Innovative educational practices