High Risk Child and Youth Counsellor
The successful candidate will provide consultative support to Principals, Vice Principals, school-based counsellors and parents and provide direct counseling to students identified as experiencing high risk needs, predominantly, but not limited to, substance use- and - where appropriate to their families.
The successful candidate will:
• Provide consultative support to Principals, Vice principals, school-based counsellors and parents in coordination with District Inclusive Learning staff.
• Provide direct counselling to students identified as experiencing high risk needs predominantly, but not limited to substance use and where appropriate to their families
• Assist in referrals and liaising with community agencies and other professionals who provide child, youth and family counseling.
• Provide key supports and services connected to the district suspension process including developing individualized strength-based group and individual interventions
• Play a key role in the development and implementation of district-wide prevention related approaches and strategies as related to high risk behavior, mental wellness and substance use.
• Master’s Degree in Counseling Psychology;
• Strength-based training and experience working with children and youth experiencing significant social/emotional, mental health and behavioural challenges;
• Strength-based training and experience working with children and youth using substances and their families.
• The ability to maintain an effective working relationship with children, youth, school personnel, other professionals and parents;
• Knowledge of community-based counseling services in Delta and the Lower Mainland
• Experience working within a school district preferred
WE THANK ALL APPLICANTS HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED