The school is located in the Tahltan community of Iskut, BC. We have high expectations of our applicants and high expectations of our students.
The successful applicant will:
- Be a great communicator who perseveres when faced with challenges
- Work well with people and have the ability to develop positive relationships with students, parents and colleagues
- Possess solid instructional skills and be capable of delivering BC Ministry of Education curriculum in a culturally responsive manner
- Be student focused and assess student learning
- Have a classroom that is dynamic and engaging for students where they learn as proud Tahltan children; building their confidence and expertise in a variety of ways
- See and conduct themselves as a professional at all times and be a capable problem solver
- Provide supervision and classroom management
- Provide direction to the classroom Learning Assistant
- Modify and adapt programs according to student learning needs
The successful applicant must:
- Be certified by the British Columbia Teacher Regulation Branch
At Klappan Independent School, our focus is our students. We support our teachers, who are a powerful influence on student achievement. We believe that it takes a village to raise a child and that our teachers are critical people in the lives of our children. We provide teachers with powerful professional growth opportunities.
Please forward your application package to Jolene Hawkins, Education Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Open until filled