Work in BC’s most culturally diverse and urban school district, Vancouver School District No. 39. Set in one of the world’s most livable cities, Vancouver is a community-minded district seeking talented educators, progressive leaders, and skilled support staff to enrich the learning experience of Vancouver’s 50,000 students.
Under the general direction of the teacher responsible for the Culinary Arts Program you will demonstrate techniques and supervise students and apprentices in the preparation of a variety of food. You will ensure proper sanitation in food handling and cleaning, assist in planning menus and recipe development, order supplies and maintain kitchen utensils in good working order. As well you will supervise the activities in the main kitchen during the lunch period.
You must be available to work Monday to Friday between 7:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- Completion of Grade 12
- Graduation with a certificate (or higher) from an accredited cooking course (e.g., Vancouver Community College, Malaspina College, Pacific Culinary Institute).
- Red Seal Certification of Qualification (Cook) or certification under a recognized
post-secondary program is an asset
- Demonstrated experience in commercial cooking and menu planning
- Experience in a large size restaurant or cafeteria
- Supervisory experience is an asset
- Ability to communicate with vendors via email and place food orders
Your application must include:
- Cover letter
- Three reference names (must be supervisors), email addresses and telephone
This posting is ongoing until filled. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
In accordance with the Criminal Records Review Act, selected candidates must sign a consent form to permit a criminal record review with a $28.00 processing fee. Employment with the Vancouver Board of Education is subject to passing this criminal record review.
be informed, due to a high volume of applications, we are unable to
notify unsuccessful applicants or respond to inquiries regarding the
status of an application. We will contact applicants directly if we are
interested in moving forward or if an application required additional