Applications are invited from innovative, dynamic and qualified educators to fill potential future vacancies in the areas of:
Ideal candidates must possess the following professional and personal skills and attributes:
• Exceptional organizational and leadership experience, and commitment to working as a vital member of an educational leadership team in a challenging environment.
• Passion for public education and the necessary leadership skills in leading diverse communities of learners, employees, and all educational partners within the School District's vision for 21st Century Learning.
• Fluency with the District’s values and goals contained in the ten year Strategic Plan, and of the role of an inclusive values-based leadership model.
• Understanding of Ministry initiatives, including early literacy, K-12 programs, distributed learning programs, and the intricacies of these initiatives.
• A clear understanding of School Governance, including understanding roles/responsibilities as outlined in the School Act.
• Strong commitment to professional growth and staff development.
• Experience in positively influencing instruction, curriculum, assessment, and social-emotional learning practices in a collaborative environment.
• Capability and passion to support the success of all learners in diverse and inclusive environments.
• Successful classroom and leadership experience demonstrating a variety of instructional intelligence strategies.
• Superior work ethic and social emotional competencies, excellent reflective judgment, and commitment to building effective school communities.
• Evidence of exemplary oral communications, written communication, and group facilitation skills.
• Experience and qualifications in French Immersion, International Baccalaureate or Inclusive Education would be an asset.
• Familiarity with the current technology used in supporting student learning.
• Experience in a unionized environment; experience in dealing with human resources and labour management issues.
• Completion of a Master’s Degree or evidence of active post-graduate study leading to a Master’s Degree in an appropriate educational field.
Candidates must hold or be eligible for a B.C. Teacher Regulation Branch Certificate (TRB). A suitable background of academic preparation and experience is required. Qualified candidates are requested to submit an email application which will include a comprehensive resume detailing qualifications and experience as related to the position of interest, a written statement describing their philosophy of education, and contact information for three current professional references.
By application, candidates give permission to the North Vancouver School District to contact any references or any past or present employers named in the application. Please indicate the position of interest, competition #, and email your completed application to email@example.com Attention: Scott Stanley- Director of Human Resources.
Application deadline for all positions is Monday, March 27, 2017 at 4:00 pm
We appreciate your interest in applying; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
From its coastal beaches to its mountain forests, North Vancouver’s natural setting offers year-round recreational opportunities. North Vancouver School District’s values of Trust, Respect, Responsibility and Collaboration make it “the natural place to learn” for students, and “the natural place to work” for our staff.