School District #8 (Kootenay Lake) is looking for qualified candidates to work on an as needed basis as casual Custodians. Qualified candidates will be considered for placement on the established casual list. All awarded applicants will be required to join the CUPE Local 748 Union and have a Criminal Record Check (submitted by the employer).
*This posting is for external applicants only. If you are a current CUPE employee for SD8 - please apply to the CUPE Callout Registration 2018-2019 Job Posting.
Applicants for custodial positions must have completed at least Grade 10. Successful completion of a Building Services Workers' course or equivalent and/or equivalent training and recent demonstrated successful experience in an education environment is required.
An employee who is responsible for the cleaning, minor maintenance and security of a facility.
1. Completion of a Building Service Workers’ course or equivalent and/or training and experience in an education environment.
2. Ability to care for and operate required equipment.
3. Ability to utilize good cleaning practices and procedures.
4. May be required to make minor job related repairs to furniture and fixtures currently residing in building (i.e. tighten screws, repair or replace dispensers, etc.) but not to exceed ½ hour per shift. Note: this is only applicable if time is available in the shift.
5. Ability to meet and deal tactfully with public and other staff members.
6. Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
7. Ability to work with minimum supervision and have good organizational skills.
8. May be required to have a valid B.C. (Class 5) Driver’s License.
9. Minimum Grade 10 education.
10. Must have understanding and knowledge of safe work practices.
11. Perform other job related duties as may be assigned.
1. Work is physically demanding and involves walking, standing, stooping, reaching, lifting, moving furniture and carrying equipment in accordance with WorkSafe BC requirements.
2. Work is indoors in well-lit and heated buildings. May require occasional outdoor work.
There will be occasional unpleasant aspects owing to the nature of the work.
For more information please contact Janet Wall, Manager of Operations at email@example.com or 250-428-5329.
School District 8 supports equity hiring for Indigenous applicants.
*If you are experiencing any technical issues with your application process to contact Make A Future's customer service line as HR cannot upload or assist with these types of issues. We also cannot accept documents via email such as cover letters/resumes/transcripts/teaching reports via email as they do need to be part of the employee's Make a Future profile.