‘Na Aksa Gyilak’yoo School is a certified and accredited by both the BC Ministry of Education and the First Nations School Association.
It is conveniently located 5km West of Terrace, B.C. on Hwy 16. Our school is situated at the confluence of the Skeena and Kalum Rivers in the beautiful community of Kitsumkalum. The local Tsimshian territory plays a vital role in our dynamic educational environment to best serve the needs of the students and families who attend. NAGK education focuses on collaboration and co-planning to effectively differentiate in a project-based, experiential learning program. The Tsimshian language (Sm’algyax) is foundational throughout our instructional program and is strongly supported by the community and it’s leadership. Under limited direction of the Principal or designate, the BUS DRIVER operates the school bus to transport students in accordance with the School Policy.
• All drivers must wear High Visibility vest.
• Transports students to and from school in accordance with routes and schedules.
• Directs, monitors and disciplines students and ensures compliance with safe loading, riding and unloading procedures.
• Consults with parents, teachers and school administration regarding immediate student behaviour and discipline issues.
• Conducts pre -trip and post-trip inspections in accordance with B.C. Motor Vehicle Act, B.C.
• Air Brake Manual, National Safety Code and B.C. Professional Drivers' Manual.
• Transports students on local, out-of-town and overnight field trips as requested by the Principal or Designate.
• Regularly fuels vehicle.
• Reports defects to the Principal or Designate, assists in assessing maintenance problems and performs minor running maintenance and emergency repairs.
• Ensures the safe loading, riding and unloading of students with special needs and students prone to behaviors.
• Consults with Principal or Designate regarding bus routes, passengers, discipline problems and traffic violation reports.
• Ensures interior and exterior cleanliness of school bus.
• Instructs student in Kindergarten-Grade 2 Bus Safety Program. • Provides orientation to temporary bus drivers.
• Provides emergency first aid.
• Secures bus.
• Function and knowledge of satellite phone on scheduled school field trips is ensured.
∗ performs other assigned duties that are within the area of knowledge and skills required by the job description.
• Grade 12
• Two years professional driving experience.
• Valid BC Class 2 Driver’s License to drive 29 passenger bus.
• Minimum Level One First Aid and CPR Certificate.
• Working knowledge of Federal and Provincial Transportation Regulations, as updated from time to time.
• Knowledge of motor mechanics
• Propane re-fueling license preferred
• Non-Violent Crisis Intervention training
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, resume, with three (3) references and express permission for NAGK to contact these references to: If you require another method of submission, please call the phone number below
Only short-listed applicants will be called for an interview.
All documents submitted for consideration of this posting will be shredded by September 6, 2019.
Attention: Shannon McFee, Vice-Principal ‘Na Aksa Gyilak’yoo School Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 250-615-2844
School website: http://nagkschool.ca/career-opportunities