3 positions available - each position is 1.0 FTE
The Consultant assigned to the Provincial Outreach Program is responsible for providing consultative and staff development support to educators (e.g., teachers, other professionals, educational assistants). The focus of these consultative services will be to support students with Autism Spectrum Disorders. He/she is also responsible for providing consultative services, including student specific consultations, behavioral and environmental assessments, team consultations, and program observations to school district personnel throughout the Province of BC regarding students with autism spectrum disorders. He/she is also responsible for providing courses, training and in-service opportunities to be offered across the province.
• Must be prepared to travel frequently by plane, ferry, car, etc., anywhere in the Province of BC
• Master’s Degree in Educational or Behavioral Psychology, special education, Speech and Language Pathology, , Autism, or related field
• Certification as a BC teacher, BC School Psychologist or BCBA (Board Certified Behavior Analyst), or BC Association of SLPs.
• Demonstrated knowledge of students with autism spectrum disorders, communication challenges and behaviour disorders
• Experience working directly with students with Autism Spectrum Disorder
• Experience working in the k-12 school system
• Experience as a consultant
• Experience assessing and/or diagnosing problem behaviors and disorders
• Experience creating and delivering workshops and conference presentations
• Experience teaching, consulting to, and presenting to adults (especially educators)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and conflict resolution skills
• Knowledge of word, PowerPoint and various media presentation formats including video conferencing is preferred.
This position is filled by competition and interview. Questions regarding this posting may be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
WE THANK ALL APPLICANTS HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED