School District No. 46 maintains a Principal Pool of selected applicants to fill administrative positions which we keep active for two years. Our district employs Secondary Principals, Secondary Vice-Principals, Elementary Principals and District Principals for select responsibilities. We are currently accepting applications from candidates who possess the following qualifications:
- Evidence of successful teaching and educational leadership experience
- Academic preparation/post-graduate work
- Professional preparation
- Commitment to cooperative, site-based, school management
- Demonstrated ability to develop a school culture of collaboration, innovation and inquiry
- Previous administrative experience is desirable
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A high energy level
- Possession of, or eligibility for, a BC teaching certificate
The Sunshine Coast school district is made up of several communities and 13 schools, providing educational excellence to a stable student population of 3,300 students. The region has a warm climate, gorgeous shoreline and wonderful views of the Strait of Georgia and the coastal mountains. The Sunshine Coast has incredible recreational opportunities and amenities that include shopping, the arts, and cultural activities. The Vancouver area is only a 40-minute ferry ride away.
Please submit applications online at www.makeafuture.ca/sunshine-coast referencing this posting. A full resume, cover letter and three professional references, including your current supervisor, are required with your application. Please submit your application by 4:30 PM on Friday, February 14, 2020.
Human Resources Department
School District No. 46 (Sunshine Coast)
P.O. Box 220, Gibsons, BC. V0N 1V0