New Westminster Schools Job Opportunity
Casual On-Call Crossing Guards
- Ensures student safety to and from school at specified public crosswalks
- Reports injuries and behavioural problems to the Principal or designate
- Other related duties as required
- Grade 12 graduation preferred
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relations with staff and students
- Good interpersonal, decision making, behaviour management and communication skills
- Good general health
- Ability to work outdoors in adverse weather
- Knowledge of First Aid an asset
Hours of Work & Salary:
Casual on/call shifts are 2 hours per day
- Short-term assignments may also be available
- Casual employment may lead to a regular noon hour supervisor position in the district
- Current rate for Noon Hour Supervisors is $20.44 per hour
To apply for this position, click on the APPLY ONLINE button at the bottom of the page. Please include your resume, including copies of certificates or diplomas and references..
School District No. 40 (New Westminster) is an equal opportunity employer. Successful Completion of a Criminal Record Search is a legislated requirement.
About New Westminster Schools
The New Westminster School District has a rich tapestry of cultures, backgrounds, learning styles and needs. Together, we are a caring, inclusive, and committed learning community dedicated to supporting each of our unique learners so they will have the skills and competencies they need to be productive and successful citizens in a rapidly changing world.
The City of New Westminster sits in the centre of Metro Vancouver between the larger communities of Burnaby, Coquitlam, Surrey and Richmond. Despite its location, the city is relatively small and has retained a strong sense of history and community. The total population is approximately 70,000 and is expected to grow to 84,000 by 2021.
The student population is reflective of the city’s population, with a full range of social and cultural backgrounds forming a diverse presence in our schools. In the Kindergarten to Grade 12 system, there are 6,385 students.