The Catholic Independent Schools of the Diocese of Nelson (CISND), hosts six elementary schools, and one high school. The diocese is located in the beautiful Okanagan and Kootenay regions of British Columbia. We are committed to hiring qualified employees who are dedicated to education in the Roman Catholic tradition.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following qualifications:
- Commitment to Catholic Education
- Identification with and participation in the life of a Catholic parish
- Training specific to the role (Educational Assistant or Early Childhood Educator)
- Successful Educational Assistant or Early Childhood experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to use discretion when dealing with confidential matters
- Ability to work well with children, colleagues, and administration
- First Aid Training Certificate.
In order to be considered for any position with CISND, the application must be complete. If you are not able to provide the documentation provide a reason in your cover letter. Do not submit reference letters.
The following is to be included in your application:
- Cover letter
- Resume include list of special certificates, licenses, honours and awards.
- Post Secondary Transcripts (for the position being advertised)
- Evaluation report from employer/practicum supervisor.
- CISND Pastoral Reference form
- Catholic applicants must provide:
- Certificate of Catholic baptism, or RCIA Certificate.
- Certificate of Catholic marriage, if applicable.
As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to submit the following:
- Photocopy of Canadian Birth Certificate or Canadian Passport (documentation to indicate you are legally entitled to work in Canada).
- Social Insurance Number
- Photocopy of Driver's License
St. Joseph School in Nelson, BC invites applications at this time for a:
1 Full-time Certified Education Assistant, training in autism and/or POPARD would be an asset.
Start date: As soon as possible.
Closing date: until position is filled.