The Burnaby School District is looking for Casual, On-Call Custodians to work throughout the District in a variety of shifts (day, afternoon, graveyard or weekend shifts). Please note that the majority of shifts are 3:00-11:00 p.m.
Successful candidates require an understanding of standard cleaning procedures, chemicals, products and equipment and the use and application of cleaning chemicals and products.
The incumbent must have knowledge, skills & abilities in the following areas:
- Knowledge of standard cleaning procedures, chemicals, products and equipment
- Knowledge of the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Basic computer skills (email, logging absences)
- Ability to read and understand labels and instructions, particularly on the use and application of cleaning chemicals and products
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting with staff, students, parents and general public
- Ability to work with little or no supervision and as a team player
- Physically capable of performing all assigned duties (includes walking, standing, stooping, reaching, lifting, moving furniture, and carrying equipment & materials)
- Ability to make decisions, solve problems and manage time effectively
Completion of Grade 12, a Building Service Worker (BSW) certificate and 6 months relevant work experience is required.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and a copy of your BSW Certificate to:
Burnaby School District
Human Resources Department
5325 Kincaid Street
Burnaby BC V5G 1W2
Please note that in accordance with the Criminal Records Review Act, candidates not currently employed by the Burnaby Board of Education must sign a consent to permit a criminal record review and pay a $28 processing fee. Employment with the Burnaby Board of Education is subject to passing this criminal record review.