A Great Place to Learn!
School District No. 22 (Vernon) is currently accepting applications for casual/on-call Education Assistants.
Under the supervision of the Teacher/Administrator, provide academic and behaviour support for identified student(s). This position could require personal care, including medical care, for identified students which may be physically demanding.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Six (6) months relevant training which includes recent Okanagan College Education Assistant certificate including practicum experience or training in dealing with resistant students and conflict resolution
- Familiarity with current computer programs such as Boardmaker, Intellitools, Clicker, Kurzweil, etc.
- Possess and maintain current First Aid and/or CPR Certificate.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Proven ability to learn and successfully use new technology and to possess literacy, numeracy and English skills.
- Proven ability to develop rapport with students and work in a team setting.
- Personal attributes required include strong interpersonal skills, demonstrated initiative, flexibility, good communication skills.
This is a union position, CUPE Local 5523 and the hourly rate of pay is $23.83 - $25.92 plus 9% in lieu of vacation pay and statutory holidays.