Teach in BC’s most culturally diverse and urban school district, Vancouver School District No. 39. Set in one of the world’s most livable cities, Vancouver is a community-minded district seeking talented educators, progressive leaders, and skilled support staff to enrich the learning experience of Vancouver’s 50,000 students.
If you are passionate about teaching young learners, the Vancouver Board of Education (VSB) welcomes applications for the position of:
** On-Call Tech Studies Teachers **
We are hiring On-Call Tech Studies teachers who have a strong work ethic, knowledgeable about the research on teaching, and able to plan and implement creative and engaging lessons based on the B.C. redesigned curriculum. Although we do need teachers to work day to day at different schools, we are primarily looking for teachers who are interested in accepting long-term assignments.
We require all TTOC's to be available to work a minimum of 50% each month
- Bachelor of Education
- Completion of a diploma at a recognized institute (e.g. BCIT, VCC, OCC) in technical studies including Drafting, Woodwork, Metalwork, Electronics and Auto Mechanics is required
- Completion of a teaching practicum in technical education is required
- Recent contract teaching experience and/or student teaching experience is required
- Membership in or eligible to become a member of the Teacher Regulation Board (TRB)
- Registration with the Teacher Qualification Service (TQS)
Your application portfolio MUST include the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Final practicum reports (for recent B.Ed graduates)
- Recent teaching evaluation in the past 8 years from your administrator (for experienced teachers)
- Academic Transcripts
- Contact information for your three most recent Professional References: Faculty Advisor, School Advisor(s) and/or current teaching contract supervisors (Principals/Vice-Principals)
- Current Teaching Certificate Status from the Teacher Regulation Branch website including date scanned *Print out the page then scan and upload to Make a Future*
(Go to the TRB website: Find a Teacher search for your name and click on it).
Please be informed, due to a high volume of applications, we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants or respond to inquiries regarding the status of an application. We will contact applicants directly if we are interested in moving forward or if an application requires additional information
HOW TO APPLY
1. Register on Make a Future: http://www.makeafuture.ca/
2. Create a profile under the Category "Teachers, Principals & Superintendents"
3. Click on Job Postings the click Search
4. Select the Job you would like to apply for
5. Answer the job posting questions then click Apply
6. Upload supporting documents to the Competition
7. Once you submit your application you will receive a confirmation email from Make a Future
*The VSB has been given approval from the Human Rights Tribunal for a Special Program under s. 42(3) of the Human Rights Code. Under this special program, the VSB seeks to preferentially hire Aboriginal persons to a variety of teaching positions. Therefore, each applicant may wish to provide, on a voluntary basis, information whether she or he self-identifies as an Aboriginal person.