Mulgrave is one of Canada’s leading independent co-educational pre-K – 12 day schools, serving the North Shore of Vancouver. We are an established IB Continuum World School with a reputation for excellence and innovation.
Reporting to the Junior School Principal, this candidate will teach French language acquisition from Kindergarten to Grade 6, using the framework and philosophy of the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (PYP) and Middle Years Programme (MYP). Junior School teachers inspire students to reach their full potential by providing a rich and varied programme that develops our students’ skills and personal qualities to a very high level. Teachers are expected to be committed to continuous improvement, to always be looking to enrich and deepen the educational programme for the students, and to play an active part in the wider life of the school. Teaching roles include responsibility for co-curricular activities, which enrich our educational programme. For the suitably qualified candidate, this role may include a leadership position with responsibility for Junior School French.
Candidates will be expected to:
- Have Canadian residency and be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Hold or be prepared to attain an age-appropriate First Aid Certificate
- Have the appropriate background and preparation for teaching French as an additional language with an excellent command of the French language
- Hold or be able to attain BC teacher certification
- Knowledge and understanding of the International Baccalaureate programmes, preferably with experience teaching French in the PYP
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Strong organisational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Experience teaching in a technology-rich environment
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Eagerness to endorse the school’s Mission and Values
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, as well as opportunities for professional growth. Our benefits include:
- An RRSP-matching program
- Professional and career development/training opportunities
- Extended health and dental coverage
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Personal day
- Employee assistance program
- Plenty of opportunities to get to know your colleagues during our various social events throughout the year
- Complimentary coffee & tea
- Fitness / weight room & trainer
- Chair massages
Please visit our website at www.mulgrave.com for further information about our School and detailed job description.
Resumes should be submitted through https://mulgrave.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs/ by March 8, 2020. Given the location of the school, applicants must provide their own transportation.
We thank all interested parties. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.