Project Coordinator - Payroll Systems
Six Month Contract with the possibility of extension
This position will provide the duties required for the operation and maintenance of the Board’s payroll function. This includes collecting, calculating and entering data, processing pays, conducting audits and generating reports through the SD 60 HR/Payroll system. It also involves benefits plan administration and preparation of per pay remittances. This position is a six (6) month contract position with the possibility of an extension.
This position reports to the Payroll and Benefits Manager.
Hours: 35 hours/week
Wage: $26.74/hour + 4% vacation pay
Benefits: This position is not eligible for benefits
- Inputs payroll data into the computer, checking and verifying input for accuracy, validating salary entitlements/payroll reports including making necessary adjustments or informing other Human Resources personnel about required corrections.
- Responds to payroll questions and inquiries from staff and external organizations; prepares employment confirmation documentation such as salary letters, Records of Employment; generates end-of-cycle details and reports (T4's, vacation pay, annual pension reports).
- Ensures compliance with collective agreements, eg. Leave without pay leaves, Supplemental Employment Benefits plans, top-up payments for maternity/parental leaves, vacation pay entitlement.
- Maintains confidential payroll and employee-related records.
- Processes incoming documentation by gathering, sorting and separating data for processing.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the Manager, Payroll and Benefits.
- External: financial institutions, government agencies, Benefits plan administrators, unions.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma; and 2 year college Business Certificate or Accounting Diploma or equivalent.
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation and/or CPA enrolment an asset.
- One (1) to three (3) years recent experience in a computerized payroll environment.
- Excellent mathematical skills and advanced level computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets and data bases.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential and highly sensitive payroll and employee records.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills to effectively communicate with employees at all levels.
- Ability to manage workflow accurately within the strict timelines which exist in high output payroll environment.
- Proven ability to effectively function as a team member.
In order to fulfill this position with an acceptable degree of competency, the incumbent will be expected to exhibit:
- Works on projects as part of a team, exchanging ideas and contributing skills that complement those of the other team members. Fulfils commitments to team members.
- Works independently to solve problems. Looks for opportunities to take on more responsibility.
- Meets standards of productivity as defined for the level and position.
- Demonstrates concern for the accuracy and quality of work, and takes step to correct mistakes and improve the overall product.
- Possesses the technical skills and knowledge needed to perform tasks efficiently.
- Able to take on a variety of different tasks and roles within the organization.
- Can be relied upon to handle a fair workload, meet deadlines and commitments, and accept responsibility for actions. Demonstrates an ability to work independently.
- Accepts changes and responds to setbacks with minimal disruption.
- Demonstrates a sense of responsibility and commitment to the public perception of the organization. Follows through on commitments, and admits to mistakes.
- Maintains organized records, and makes efficient use of resources. Always submits accurate reports, on time.
- Manages time and prioritizes tasks to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Works with an aim to assist the system in achieving the Areas of Emphasis, including making decisions and taking actions that will positively affect student achievement and demonstrating our Character attributes.
Applicants are required to supply
Please Note: All School District staff must successfully complete a criminal background check.
For more information please contact:
Anita Deng, Payroll and Benefits Manager 250-262-6002 or email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
School District No. 60 (Fort St John)
10112 105 Avenue, Fort St John, BC V1J 4S4