Looking to live and work on the central coast, in the Great Bear Rainforest? Want to live steps away from the ocean with easy access to kayaks, hiking trails, fishing, and ocean adventures, Bella Bella is the place for you!
Bella Bella Community School is looking for energetic, dedicated, fun, adventurous individuals to join our team. Located in the Heiltsuk First Nation village of Bella Bella, with a school population of 220 students in Preschool to Grade 12, our school is dedicated to providing students with the best possible opportunities for success. BBCS is First Nations School Association certified and a BC MoE Independent School. We are focused on student success, student engagement and Heiltsuk language and culture.
Additional perks other than working with a great staff and amazing students include: affordable housing, moving bonus, yearly return flight to Vancouver, an excellent benefit and pension package. As a school, we are committed to providing professional development in a supportive environment. If you are interested in joining our school we are looking for an Elementary School Counsellor for the 2019 - 2020 school year.
Abilities, Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree, recognized by the BC Teachers Regulatory Branch, in counselling psychology or a related discipline with a focus on behaviour disorders and counselling
- Knowledge of the Ministry of Education current philosophy, teaching practices, and evaluation/assessment/reporting procedures
- Strong evidence of experience working with behaviour disorders in children and adolescents
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in administration of suicide risk assessments
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the counselling role, willingness to build experience in developing IEPs in the provision of individualized programs for students exhibiting emotional and behavioural disorders
- Experience teaching Social Skills programs to student with a wide range of abilities
- Demonstrated interest in facilitating peer counselling skills amongst students
- Demonstrated capabilities in providing effective student, family and group counselling services
- Demonstrated ability to motivate students who are challenged or have dysfunctional behaviour patterns effecting regular school attendance.
- Be committed to working collaboratively in a team setting with students, staff, administration and parents
Please email your cover letter, resume, and BC certification with three current references to:
Check out our school website: http//:www.bellabella.ca
For further information regarding this opportunity please contact, Brenda Humchitt at 250 957 7078